Thread: Beretta 1301 2021+ model comparison (quick video).

Beretta 1301 2021+ model comparison (quick video).

Hey guys,

Nothing fancy. My buddy Dan brought his new 1301 in and I do a once over comparing it to my modified older model. It looks like picking up the new model is a no-brainer. I personally disfavor the pistol grip but I just feel like I get better control without the grip. The newer model also isn't threaded for chokes (I wouldn't care). The pistol grip model has a shorter LOP

Hmmm. I ordered the regular stock version and mine came with a choke threaded barrel and a couple of Optima chokes. I got model j131tt18c.

Yes, the new model does come with Chokes. Sometimes 2. The exception is some LE models (law enforcement)
    Even my new Enhanced 1301 with the factory 7 round tube came with chokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
    Yes, the new model does come with Chokes. Sometimes 2. The exception is some LE models (law enforcement)
    Model J131TT18NLE which is one of the 7+1 models does not. When you say some LE models are you saying that there are some LE's with chokes?

I have one of the newer LE 7 round models and it came bare bones… packed in a cardboard box, no owners manual, and no interchangeable chokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
    I'm going to guess your Model is either a J131TT18C or J131TP18C which is choked, whereas it appears that Pnut and I have the also newer 7rd Model but they J131TT18NLE and not choked.

All of the 1301's are choked, even the LE models without the removeable choke tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    All of the 1301's are choked, even the LE models without the removeable choke tubes.
    With the barrel marked at .76 I suppose I would have to agree. I was just trying to convey the J131TT18NLE does not have removeable/interchangeable choke tubes.

User Tag List