Thread: Drilling a hole in a P365 AIWB High-Ride

Question Drilling a hole in a P365 AIWB High-Ride

Hoping this post hits Tony's radar but I'll welcome input from everyone.

Last fall I received an IWB 3 and a couple of AIWB High-Ride magazine pouches. Love the holster, it's super comfortable and does a great job concealing the P365. The pouches are great as well but a slight mod would make them even better.

I ordered the holsters and the pouches with DCCs. It's my first time using them and overall I really like them but the combination of the DCC and the overall short length of the P365 magazines is causing me a problem. The magazine is so short that it rides lower than I'd like but I can't raise the screw/stop to the top hole because of the clip. See first picture below. I'm thinking about drilling my own hole above the factory hole and out of the way of the clip...basically where the green dot is in the second picture. Any concerns or issues with doing so? I can't imagine there would be but wanted to check before getting out the drill.

Thanks

Name:  PXL_20211130_013119776.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  54.2 KB Name:  PXL_20211130_013316696_2.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  42.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Since the screw is just a stop for the magazine, I think you're right and it will be okay.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by mbkintner View Post

Last fall I received an IWB 3 and a couple of AIWB High-Ride magazine pouches. Love the holster, it's super comfortable and does a great job concealing the P365. The pouches are great as well but a slight mod would make them even better.

I ordered the holsters and the pouches with DCCs. It's my first time using them and overall I really like them but the combination of the DCC and the overall short length of the P365 magazines is causing me a problem. The magazine is so short that it rides lower than I'd like but I can't raise the screw/stop to the top hole because of the clip. See first picture below. I'm thinking about drilling my own hole above the factory hole and out of the way of the clip...basically where the green dot is in the second picture. Any concerns or issues with doing so? I can't imagine there would be but wanted to check before getting out the drill.

Thanks
    Depending on your motivation and whether you would like to use that top hole position:

Go to Ace hardware and get a flat head screw to replace the one supplied. You could probably then use the top hole as is.

Plus or minus a few quick passes with a Bic lighter / heat gun / Brûlée torch and use the handle of a screwdriver to dimple the raised shelf of the holes so that it sits flush(er).

I'm thinking about drilling my own hole above the factory hole and out of the way of the clip...basically where the green dot is in the second picture. Any concerns or issues with doing so?
    FWIW: I've cut / Dremeled / drilled on a bunch of older JM kydex holsters recently to make holes, cut for red dots, etc. as part of evaluating different carry positions. It's been pretty easy: light pressure on the tool, buff with sandpaper after. Aside from looking not exactly like factory, none of the kydex holes / cuts started cracking or deforming, at all, in use. Glad I did, because this allowed me to confirm fitment, and I just placed my order with Tony for another lefty AIWB WC 2.5 this week for my P365x.

It should be fine. I’ve done worse to kydex with no problems.

Another option would be using a single Universal DCC clip attached at the bottom instead of a Monoblock. That adds ride height adjustability for the carrier itself and uses the mag stop screw as an attachment screw to boot.

I’ve also found that with some guns and mag carriers it helps to use an extended mag. If there isn’t a reason that’s not an option, I’d also consider using a 12 or 15 round 365 mag as the reload.

It’s a piece of “plastic” modify it as needed no need to make a big deal of it

Thanks

Name:  PXL_20211130_013119776.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  54.2 KB Name:  PXL_20211130_013316696_2.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  42.2 KB
    Yes, you ok to drill a hole there since it's just a stop for mag height. Let me know how it turns out, if it gets janky we'll get you squared away. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

How about using something jammed in there like foam? I use a wood block from my son as a spacer in one of my safariland holsters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How about using something jammed in there like foam? I use a wood block from my son as a spacer in one of my safariland holsters.
    +1…I use high density foam in a single stack mag pouch for my 938.

User Tag List