Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIY G19.5 dot+comp

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. Does every barrel+comp kit for the Gen 5 G19 also fit the G45? Put another way, are the uppers identical?
    If you're talking about Parker Mountain Machine then yes, the barrel+comp combo works for both the G19 and the G45.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Everything I’ve heard is that the 19.5 and 45 uppers are identical except for rollmarks, but I wouldn’t bet the bank on that without other confirmation.
    I've put my G45 slide with comp and barrel on a 19 lower and had it run with no issues.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Thanks everyone for the input. Does every barrel+comp kit for the Gen 5 G19 also fit the G45? Put another way, are the uppers identical?
    Yes, identical.

The picture of mine I posted above is actually a g45
    Frame with a G19 upper. The G19 was the only thing extra I had laying around when I got ready to send one off to be milled.

I'm gunna start with a G45 MOS and KKM "G19 Gen5" barrel+comp but that'll take at least 2 months to ship. In the meantime are there any particular loads I should be buying or looking to avoid?

Ongoing thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think the G45 is the best base gun for a GEN5 Roland. All it really needs is the KKM and optic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I agree, a true Roland would feature a mag well which would bring it to a similar grip length.
    This budget Roland G45 has been 100% reliable. Approx 3000 rounds since installing the RMR+comp, testing a mix of cheap 115 and 124gr Magtech, S&B, Blazer Brass and Geco (2019 Hungary mfg). Zero stoppages. The only internal change is an OEM minus connector.

That Glock knuckle though...

Name:  Fauxland.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  89.1 KB

This budget Roland G45 has been 100% reliable. Approx 3000 rounds since installing the RMR+comp, testing a mix of cheap 115 and 124gr Magtech, S&B, Blazer Brass and Geco (2019 Hungary mfg). Zero stoppages. The only internal change is an OEM minus connector.

That's why God invented wood rasps.

Same for finger grooves

~11,000 rounds without stoppage until Norma 124 loose-packed-in-a-plastic-can.

dammit.

I’ve also been a person happy with the KKM. Other stuff is neat, but the KKM does get the job done.

Here’s my two FauxLand-RoLands, with their ugly-ugly stippling. If G45 or 19X had been available back then, that’s what I would have done instead.

Name:  B58578F5-5786-4D08-B527-21088B5235BF.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  67.3 KB
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Just as a data point, I've been really happy with my PMM comps. I have a single port and a dual port on a G19 length slide and a single port on a 43X. They're not too blasty and they reduce flip and overall recoil quite a bit. The dual port likes hot ammo with the stock RSA, or a 15-17 lb spring with minor PF loads. I would have no issue using a PMM comp on a defensive gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Just as a data point, I've been really happy with my PMM comps. I have a single port and a dual port on a G19 length slide and a single port on a 43X. They're not too blasty and they reduce flip and overall recoil quite a bit. The dual port likes hot ammo with the stock RSA, or a 15-17 lb spring with minor PF loads. I would have no issue using a PMM comp on a defensive gun.
    Hmph. I was leaning toward PMM for a second comped G45 build but this gives me pause. Current G45 w/ KKM has never failed to cycle with the stock RSA in 11k varied rounds. The Norma stoppage was FTFire. Granted the KKM is rather large.

Hmph. I was leaning toward PMM for a second comped G45 build but this gives me pause. Current G45 w/ KKM has never failed to cycle with the stock RSA in 11k varied rounds. The Norma stoppage was FTFire. Granted the KKM is rather large.
    I don’t have the round count you do, probably closer to 1500 rounds on the dual port gun. I haven’t had any stoppages with the dual port comp (or any of them), I just noticed ejection wasn’t super strong with my 130 pf loads. Shells will land 4 feet away or so instead of getting flung into grass next to the range.
    Last edited by Super77; 12-29-2022 at 11:31 PM.

User Tag List