Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DIY G19.5 dot+comp

I use SLR Rifleworks magwells on seven guns (34, 34, 19, 19, 17, 19X, and 41) and an Edgar Sherman Design magwell on another. They're well made and I have no complaints about them other than the price. I tried an Agency Arms magwell on one gun and found that it was too low profile (I really want it for the pinky leverage as much as the magwell part). On the lower priced end, I am curious about the Strike Industries magwell but some of their stuff seems very gimmicky.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Clean, alcohol then Loctite blue 242 on the "main shaft" threads and worm screws. The comp stops screwing in a half turn or so before it's flush with a Gen 5 19ish slide. The worm screws likewise stop when the comp is level. Let dry a couple days before use.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you tried shooting these support hand only?
    I have shot both examples (with 15lb springs) WHO on the clock with no observed issues, but it’s not thorough testing.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    I have that same issue. When I reload "in-holster" I tend to push the mag in with my thumb and leverage with my two fingers, causing the magwell to pop off the front. A quirk that's avoidable, or at least smackable to correct. For the money and trying out the concept the OEM magwell is excellent but yeah, for serious use I'd consider an upgrade. Suggestions?
    Check out the ZEV Pro magwell. I really like how large the opening is but what really sold it for me is how it interacts with magazine extensions. I get asked a lot at work about this extension or that extension. If you can think of it we’ve probably tried it. The only two magwells we found which would work with all extensions were ZEV and SLR. Both top notch products. For work or game guns I prefer the ZEV and for concealed carry I prefer the SLR. Hope that helps.

Site Supporter
    Combat Armory has threaded G19 barrels for $21.99 if you need something cheap to try out.
    --Jason--

User Tag List