Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIY G19.5 dot+comp

I’ve got a G45 and a G19x, both fitted with PMM 2 ports and Acros. Both had issues running anything less than 124+p with the factory recoil spring, with failures to feed due to the slide not going fully to the rear. This manifested as nose-up feedway jams where the feed ledge (bottom of breech face) was engaging in the rim instead of behind it. 15lb recoil springs fixed both and will run very very reliably with everything I’ve put through them. I think the lightest loadings I’ve run were either PMC 115gr or a few rounds of unknown weight syntech and probably 2k rds of Wolf. With the OEM spring I’ve run a few (maybe 5-6) rounds of 9major and it surprisingly did not feel like it was beating the gun up too badly.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I’ve got a G45 and a G19x, both fitted with PMM 2 ports and Acros. Both had issues running anything less than 124+p with the factory recoil spring, with failures to feed due to the slide not going fully to the rear. This manifested as nose-up feedway jams where the feed ledge (bottom of breech face) was engaging in the rim instead of behind it. 15lb recoil springs fixed both and will run very very reliably with everything I’ve put through them. I think the lightest loadings I’ve run were either PMC 115gr or a few rounds of unknown weight syntech and probably 2k rds of Wolf. With the OEM spring I’ve run a few (maybe 5-6) rounds of 9major and it surprisingly did not feel like it was beating the gun up too badly.
    Good info, thank you! From what I've gathered in this thread, the PMM 2-port is very effective but less reliable than a KKM and about the same size, while the PMM 1-port is more reliable, smaller, better for carry.

Site Supporter
    I had the same issues with the PMM 2 port comp on a 320 carry.

I’ve had good luck with KKM comp / barrel combos on Glocks.

Name:  Fauxland.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  89.1 KB

I'm still completely geeked about this build. In 13,000 rounds I've had exactly 12 stoppages: 12 hard primers from the same 1K case of loose Norma. Zero stoppages outside that case.

G45 base
    G34 minus connector
    KKM barrel + comp
    Glock OEM mag well
    X300U-A
    RMR 06
    Comp-Tac International G34 Holster

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post

I'm still completely geeked about this build. In 13,000 rounds I've had exactly 12 stoppages: 12 hard primers from the same 1K case of loose Norma. Zero stoppages outside that case.

G45 base
    G34 minus connector
    KKM barrel + comp
    Glock OEM mag well
    X300U-A
    RMR 06
    Comp-Tac International G34 Holster
    20,000 round update. I've broken one slide stop lever and one recoil spring that comically plopped out the front. No cycling failures with a variety of factory new brass ammo outside the Norma case and no stoppages that could be attributed to the KKM parts. I wish the comp was easier to remove/reattach for cleaning but damn is it reliable.

Have you tried shooting these support hand only?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    20,000 round update. I've broken one slide stop lever and one recoil spring that comically plopped out the front. No cycling failures with a variety of factory new brass ammo outside the Norma case and no stoppages that could be attributed to the KKM parts. I wish the comp was easier to remove/reattach for cleaning but damn is it reliable.
    What is your process for reattaching the comp? Are you using thread locker or a particular torque value ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What is your process for reattaching the comp? Are you using thread locker or a particular torque value ?
    Clean, alcohol then Loctite blue 242 on the "main shaft" threads and worm screws. The comp stops screwing in a half turn or so before it's flush with a Gen 5 19ish slide. The worm screws likewise stop when the comp is level. Let dry a couple days before use.

How is the OEM magwell doing? I know some guys that tried them and had issues with them popping off the front. Nobody stuck with them. I thought they would be interesting for somebody to maybe attach to the frame with a bead of silicone, epoxy, or glue and then blend with stippling.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    How is the OEM magwell doing? I know some guys that tried them and had issues with them popping off the front. Nobody stuck with them. I thought they would be interesting for somebody to maybe attach to the frame with a bead of silicone, epoxy, or glue and then blend with stippling.
    I have that same issue. When I reload "in-holster" I tend to push the mag in with my thumb and leverage with my two fingers, causing the magwell to pop off the front. A quirk that's avoidable, or at least smackable to correct. For the money and trying out the concept the OEM magwell is excellent but yeah, for serious use I'd consider an upgrade. Suggestions?

User Tag List