Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pocket holster for 2” J-frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I have an AHolster Backbone, and a Smith 637 without hammer spur. I'm 6ft, 200lbs. I wear regular jeans. Cheap walmart "George" brand 36x32. I wear wrangler shorts, in a 36 waist.

I absolutely can't carry in the pocket. The holster/gun prints incredibly bad, and at times the handle can even appear with the shorts. There is not even the illusion of concealment. I'd be really happy to find a way to carry in my regular clothes, but it seems without spending a fortune on Duluth pants (which I suspect wouldn't work too well in the Florida heat) pocket carry is a no go outside of dress clothes for me. And I honestly haven't tried it with dress pants, that may not work either.
    Jeans are your problem. Just about any brand jean will print like a mofo.
    Pants like Dockers, cargos. etc,are what you need.

I wear Lee Wyoming cargo pants and shorts and Lee comfort kakis.
    No problem in any way pocket carrying.

Heres a pic with a G26 in the Lee cargos. And they are not as hot as jeans, nor are they expensive.

Name:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  32.0 KB

For anyone interested here is a rough size comparison between a pretty standard fabric pocket holster (Blackhawk) and the kydex Aholster.
    Name:  20220213_134949.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  33.6 KB
    Name:  20220213_135936.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  28.6 KB
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I have an AHolster Backbone, and a Smith 637 without hammer spur. I'm 6ft, 200lbs. I wear regular jeans. Cheap walmart "George" brand 36x32. I wear wrangler shorts, in a 36 waist.

I absolutely can't carry in the pocket. The holster/gun prints incredibly bad, and at times the handle can even appear with the shorts. There is not even the illusion of concealment. I'd be really happy to find a way to carry in my regular clothes, but it seems without spending a fortune on Duluth pants (which I suspect wouldn't work too well in the Florida heat) pocket carry is a no go outside of dress clothes for me. And I honestly haven't tried it with dress pants, that may not work either.
    I wear the Duluth Weekender jeans or their 40 Grit khakis. Not too expensive and have very deep pockets. Certainly deep enough for a J frame.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    I like the Kramer, have one for each pocket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This is how I roll with my 642.
    Me three...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    The Safariland ones are cheap and effective. Especially for coat pocket carry. I got turned onto them by members here and have been very happy overall.
    But they are hard on the finish so hope it is a stainless J-frame.

In addition to the SL 25, I've tried the Kramer, Desantis Nemesis, Galco, Uncle Mikes, Remora and Mika. Mika is my favorite, carries my 442 with CT LG-405 everyday in my front pocket.

Mika can make a pocket holster for a 4" K-frame which can be sewn into the hand warmer pocket of a Filson Packer coat or Carhart barn coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Mika can make a pocket holster for a 4" K-frame which can be sewn into the hand warmer pocket of a Filson Packer coat or Carhart barn coat.
    Only pocket holster maker that listed the Model 12 snub. Really nice guy and a good product.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Only pocket holster maker that listed the Model 12 snub. Really nice guy and a good product.
    He has made a half dozen strange ones for me. Including a 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless and a 1934 Beretta .380

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    He has made a half dozen strange ones for me. Including a 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless and a 1934 Beretta .380
    :-)

Name:  Mika 1903.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  97.1 KB
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List