Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pocket holster for 2” J-frame?

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Pocket Concealment Systems is top quality (I have their French Curve for the 1 7/8" S&W snubbie).

From my perspective, the trouble is that, as with all leather pocket holsters, the thickness in the pocket interferes with effective concealment.

YMMV, of course.

The pocket Concealment System leather pocket holsters are thinner than holsters like the Nemisis, Mika, etc.
    Nearly as thin as the Aholster.
    Leather thickness is .100

Name:  IMG_0485 (1).jpg
Views: 565
Size:  27.0 KB
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 02-09-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Mine's nowhere near that thin! If that's current construction, I agree it's much less bulky than the one I have.
    (Mine's pretty old.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Mine's nowhere near that thin! If that's current construction, I agree it's much less bulky than the one I have.
    (Mine's pretty old.)
    43 is couple years old 26 is a few months

With pistol inserted the 43 PCS is 1.175 wide the Nemesis is 1.265.
    The PCS 26 is 1.300 with pistol inserted. The Aholster is 1.285.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 02-09-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Of all the ones I’ve tried, the three which worked best were the Kramer, the Mika, and the Uncle Mike’s #3.

I’ve been using a Blackhawk #3 with the tan Tecgrip outer. Sticky enough to always stay in the pocket and for less than $20 I figured what the heck. Basically the same as the Uncle Mike’s I think, except maybe stickier.

I've been using Sticky Holsters for most of my pocket pistols including J frame Airweight snubbies. Fast draw and very comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    PCS Blackbird or Aholster.
    This is how I roll with my 642.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    I like the Uncle Mikes number 3, but another option that is a cheap investment, and that works well in my Carharts is the Tuff Products holster. It has a very rigid feel, for nylon, and forms quite nicely.

https://tuffproducts.com/5075-jr-roo-pocket-holster/

I've been using a Kramer for years and am very happy with it.

I have an AHolster Backbone, and a Smith 637 without hammer spur. I'm 6ft, 200lbs. I wear regular jeans. Cheap walmart "George" brand 36x32. I wear wrangler shorts, in a 36 waist.

I absolutely can't carry in the pocket. The holster/gun prints incredibly bad, and at times the handle can even appear with the shorts. There is not even the illusion of concealment. I'd be really happy to find a way to carry in my regular clothes, but it seems without spending a fortune on Duluth pants (which I suspect wouldn't work too well in the Florida heat) pocket carry is a no go outside of dress clothes for me. And I honestly haven't tried it with dress pants, that may not work either.

User Tag List