Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket holster for 2” J-frame?

Site Supporter
    From reading everything I could find on P-F I have a Mika and an A-Holster.
    --Jason--

I use an Uncle Mike's size 3 pocket holster. It is made of fabric. Stays in my pocket when revolver is drawn. Never had an issue with it. It is cheap enough to buy and if you don't like it, you aren't out much money. I like it. It was available locally and that was my initial reason for buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I use an Uncle Mike's size 3 pocket holster. It is made of fabric. Stays in my pocket when revolver is drawn. Never had an issue with it. It is cheap enough to buy and if you don't like it, you aren't out much money. I like it. It was available locally and that was my initial reason for buying it.
    I have one as well. Bought it on Amazon for around $10 or less a few years ago.

I rarely pocket carry, but it was serviceable when called upon, and it currently sees service protecting the gun when I lock up the J in the safe upon leaving home. (A G26 or 19 accompanies me when I depart the home environs.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I can’t do my 642 in a traditional pocket. My hands are too big to get around the gun and through the pocket. Had the same issue with my LCP, and stuck with a rear pocket holster for that.

That being said, I do pocket carry my 642 with LaserMax weapon light in a cargo pocket. JEA Custom did a custom cargo pocket holster for me… along the lines of my P938 DM Bullard cargo pocket holster. Stays oriented in the pocket, and when I go to draw… same place, every time. Holster fits well in most of the cargo pockets I’ve put it in, and tends to stay in on the draw.

JEA also did an ankle holster for the same setup (642 with LaserMax) that was attached to a Galco carrier. Very happy with both… as I don’t like having to pull the light off for certain holsters.

Reviewer of the Tools
    The Safariland ones are cheap and effective. Especially for coat pocket carry. I got turned onto them by members here and have been very happy overall.

Site Supporter
    Aholster, Desantis Nemesis, Mika.

Galco horsehide gets an honorable mention.

Site Supporter
    For those who like the DeSantis Nemesis, take a look at the Super Fly. The anti-print panel does help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I've had J-frame pocket holsters from Lou Alessi, DeSantis, Robert Mika and several others.

Overall, I think the A-Holster Backbone the best, and it's definitely the lightest and least thick due to the cylinder cutout.

I think enough of them that I have left-hand and right-hand examples for both the 2" J-Frame and the Ruger LCR.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I have tried A-Holster, Blue Force Gear, Safariland, Desantis, and Pocket Concealment Systems. By far, the best for me has been PCS. With that said, I am small statured, and have commensurately small pockets. So pocket carry is a distinct challenge for me. YMMV.

Pocket Concealment Systems is top quality (I have their French Curve for the 1 7/8" S&W snubbie).

From my perspective, the trouble is that, as with all leather pocket holsters, the thickness in the pocket interferes with effective concealment.

YMMV, of course.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List