Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Is ball still best for .380 ACP Ammo for mouse guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've generally felt that the more premium lines had better QC than the FMJ lines, which are regarded as target/plinking ammo.
    I suspect that to be correct. The exception might be lawman/speer. Any thoughts on that?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've generally felt that the more premium lines had better QC than the FMJ lines, which are regarded as target/plinking ammo.
    I believe this tends to be true but in the case of the weak ejection I'd say it probably has more to do with the FMJ having a lesser powder charge than the carry ammo does.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I suspect that to be correct. The exception might be lawman/speer. Any thoughts on that?
    Pallet quantities used. Speer Lawman has very good consistency and reliability.
    Last edited by ST911; 12-06-2023 at 08:42 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Based on some testing "Shooting The Bull" did a few years ago I run loads with the 90 gn Hornady XTP. It at least passed the main gelatin tests at roughly 13inches. That bullet over penetrates in more powerful cartridges like 9mm. But it appears to meet penetration well and has decent expansion.

It was fun shooting my G42 at the NPE Counter Robbery class from Darryl Bolke, Chuck Haggard and Cecil Burch. That was the most Ive ever shot it I think. Ran great.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

I'm also currently running the Hornady XTP. I'm interested in the Hydra-Shok Deep.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Pallet quantities used. Speer Lawman has very good consistency and reliability.
    My experience is limited to around 500 rds of the Lawman in my dearly departed 's S&W Shield. She loved that particular round. I had purchased a few K of it after recommendations here about 4 years ago.
    iirc it's reliability in feeding and adequate penetration for caliber was the reason it was recommended. Can't recall the thread. Very reliable in my limited experience.

I haven't seen the Hyda-shok deep in the wild yet, but would plan to try some when I do.

User Tag List