Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Is ball still best for .380 ACP Ammo for mouse guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I simply won't use a hollow point or expanding bullet in a .380 as there just isn't enough power behind the bullet to RELIABLY get BOTH expansion and penetration. Underwood +P Lehigh rounds for me in my G42 please. Tip: they are on sale right now on Underwood's site. I just bought a few boxes this morning.
    That’s my conclusion too. 90gr 1100fps isn’t bad.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    The Hydra-Shok Deep appears to be one of the better performing .380 Auto hollow points
    It's also vaporware.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Fitting for the discussion and recent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwpXEH646sY&t=353s

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's also vaporware.
    It's been available intermittently since it was rolled out; I have it on my Ammoseek alerts and grab several boxes whenever it pops up -- which has amounted to a fair stash at this point. It'll probably turn up again in a few months.

These guys have it occssionally, I got four boxes of 20 from them July 2nd. Right now according to FeEx it is in Olathe,KS. Only problem is they ship adult signature required.

https://www.aeammo.com/catalog/ammo/...r_id=47&page=1

Name:  AE.JPG
Views: 917
Size:  30.7 KB

80 rounds @ 124.00 isn't cheap, it's $1.55 around. All the mags for my LCPMax and LCP work with what I currently carrying, so I'll shoot one for each pistol loaded with HydraShoks, then shoot the rest of the LCP's mags loaded with two on top to make sure those feed first round after the chambered one; for the Max's mags I'll put two on top and one on the bottom to check lock back.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 07-05-2023 at 09:46 PM.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Name:  4E120F54-F5B3-47A1-B656-931114723B68.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  54.0 KB

Name:  E117242A-64D0-4A2A-8898-26C3B08DBF1D.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  28.3 KB
    When was that from? Coyote Creek gunshop is only about 45 minutes from me, and I'm friends with couple of the guys that work there, unless there is another one elsewhere with same name, knew Chuck was in the area several months ago doing classes with DB etc but didn't know he got over there to Coyote Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    When was that from? Coyote Creek gunshop is only about 45 minutes from me, and I'm friends with couple of the guys that work there, unless there is another one elsewhere with same name, knew Chuck was in the area several months ago doing classes with DB etc but didn't know he got over there to Coyote Creek.
    Looks like it was posted July 18

Interesting info from Chris Baker at Lucky Gunner regarding failures to eject

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/s...380-revisited/

"The biggest takeaway for me is that all of the hollow points cycled better than all of the FMJ loads. In the past, I know I’ve said that I generally prefer carrying full metal jacket for this caliber because .380 hollow point ballistics are pretty underwhelming. For whatever reason, this gun seems to run better with hollow points regardless of bullet weight or muzzle velocity.

The loads with more felt recoil typically performed better. They were all relatively soft-shooting loads, but there is a noticeable difference. The ejection pattern of the brass was also a pretty good indicator. Regardless of the grip, the gun kicked out the cases from the hollow points much farther and in a more predictable path than the FMJ cases."

Also, nickel-plated cases and 90 grain or heavier bullets seemed to improve ejection.

I've generally felt that the more premium lines had better QC than the FMJ lines, which are regarded as target/plinking ammo.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List