Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ball still best for .380 ACP Ammo for mouse guns?

Is an e-penis ball or HP?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If you use your FLETC honor grad powers to re-read the post you just quoted, you'll notice I didn't use the word "overwhelming". You contested my use of the word, so I dropped it.

So, I'll repeat it:

Do you have examples of quality 380 overpressure variants destroying guns and injuring shooters?

If you are going to ask leading questions like, ''Do you have examples of quality 380 overpressure variants destroying guns and injuring shooters?'', you'll have to provide definitions of the terms that you are using before anyone should feel compelled to answer such a question. Of course, being called on employing the loose terminology of ''overwhelming'' caused you to withdraw it because you knew that it was an attempt at misdirection.

Specifically, you will need to define the adjective ''quality''. By its very definition, a ''quality'' load would, and should, fall within industry specified standards (SAAMI, CIP) for pressure. Therefore, any .380 ACP load that exceeds those industry specified limits, whether it is produced by a single individual or by a commercial ammunition reloading company, would not be properly defined as being one of ''quality''.

Your employment of ad hominem in the first sentence of your post that I have quoted (above) suggests that you might be a little too emotionally invested in this. Just a word to the wise. There really is no need to make this about personal insult or to attack anyone's professional credentials here.

I am not convinced that the ''juice'' of this continued thread drift is ''worth the squeeze'' given your behavior here, so I would suggest allowing this technical thread to continue on without further interruption.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 02-06-2022 at 01:00 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    If you are going to ask leading questions like, ''Do you have examples of quality 380 overpressure variants destroying guns and injuring shooters?'', you'll have to provide definitions of the terms that you are using before anyone should feel compelled to answer such a question. Of course, being called on employing the loose terminology of ''overwhelming'' caused you to withdraw it because you knew that it was an attempt at misdirection.
    It's not misdirection, it's a simple question and a fair request which you are unable to provide supporting examples to make your case and you know that. "Quality" is pretty easy to parse; outfits like Buffalo Bore and Underwood make quality ammunition, as opposed to handloaders who tend to make mistakes and double-charge cartridges leading to one-off catastrophic failures.

I don't know how else I can pair down the question to be as fair as possible for you. If 380 overpressure variants consistently caused damage and injury to shooters, you'd have no problem answering this question regardless of how I word it.

So, third time...

...do you have examples of 380 overpressure variants causing damage and injury to shooters?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's not misdirection, it's a simple question and a fair request which you are unable to provide supporting examples to make your case and you know that. "Quality" is pretty easy to parse; outfits like Buffalo Bore and Underwood make quality ammunition, as opposed to handloaders who tend to make mistakes and double-charge cartridges leading to one-off catastrophic failures.

I don't know how else I can pair down the question to be as fair as possible for you. If 380 overpressure variants consistently caused damage and injury to shooters, you'd have no problem answering this question regardless of how I word it.

So, third time...

...do you have examples of 380 overpressure variants causing damage and injury to shooters?
    Your persistent demand that I respond to your leading question after you've engaged in obvious ad hominem suggests that you must've missed this part of my last post. Here you go....

Your employment of ad hominem in the first sentence of your post that I have quoted (above) suggests that you might be a little too emotionally invested in this. Just a word to the wise. There really is no need to make this about personal insult or to attack anyone's professional credentials here.

I am not convinced that the ''juice'' of this continued thread drift is ''worth the squeeze'' given your behavior here, so I would suggest allowing this technical thread to continue on without further interruption.
    Simply put, I'm not terribly interested in entertaining another one of your frequent temper tantrums.

If you cannot debate without employing insult (''triggered'' again?) then there is not much merit to your argument.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 02-06-2022 at 01:51 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

So, the answer is "no".

Got it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    With the p380, no one knows I’m carrying. Even my wife hasn’t figured it out.
    Perhaps couples counseling can help.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Your persistent demand that I respond to your leading question after you've engaged in obvious ad hominem suggests that you must've missed this part of my last post. Here you go....

Simply put, I'm not terribly interested in entertaining another one of your frequent temper tantrums.

If you cannot debate without employing insult (''triggered'' again?) then there is not much merit to your argument.

So would you please provide examples of high pressure factory loaded 380 causing malfunctions and or death.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I can carry a 43 in my pocket, but it’s not really concealed. With the p380, no one knows I’m carrying. Even my wife hasn’t figured it out.
    (wife) Is that a p380 in your pocket our are you happy to see me?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

IIRC, it was mentioned in the book Shooting To Live (1942, Fairbairn & Sykes) that 150 foot pounds of energy or more was preferred for man-stopping. That seems to be another way of saying that the .380 ACP and .38 S&W loadings of the time were adequate for self defense or police work.

Apparently some European countries require roughly 150 ft-lbs to euthanize wounded game animals.
    https://geco-ammunition.com/en/services/faq

"Section 19 Federal Hunting Act (BJagdG) stipulates a minimum energy at the muzzle of at least 200 joules (Austria 250 J) for a coup de grace with a pistol or revolver. This value is achieved by almost every cartridge in the GECO range, although the cartridges in the ACTION EXTREME series are particularly suitable for the coup de grace. These bullets in particular exhibit excellent stopping power and steady performance for a variety of barrel lengths."

I won't fault anyone for carrying a mouse gun as long as they understand its limitations.

The above "spirited discussion" reminds me of the upcoming joy the .30 SC will bring with not only boutique ammo company's loading to higher velocity to emulate 9mm PF (because if 50k PSI is good 55k has to be better) but also the capacity juggernaut reimagined.

The vast majority of people who are not LEO or drug dealers would be far better off discussing crash test ratings and diet and exercise than the efficacy of the smallest gun they can possibly carry of which no one seems to want to run through a 2000 round challenge..... Of their own.....

User Tag List