Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather AIWB from Overland Gunleather

Leather AIWB from Overland Gunleather

My favorite carry gun is a P2000SK. The size is somewhere between a G26 and G19 and I love the feel and relative safety of the TLG LEM trigger for AIWB use. I have some Boltaron AIWB holsters with extra length (JMCK) that work great but I've found that I prefer leather holsters. I feel they are more comfortable since they do not have molded in channels for slide release levers and stuff that can cause hot spots for me.

Anyway I've been looking for a while at leather AIWB holsters and several of the more well known ones are either out of my price range or out of my attention span for leadtime. I really liked the idea and look of Del Fatti's ISP-A2. It's sort of a Summer Special with straight drop and grip tuck wing. However, it falls into the high price/long leadtime and he does not offer holsters for my gun. So I decided to shop around for an obtainable option.

I ended up finding Overland Gunleather recommended by some on HKPro. I didn't see an AIWB offering in their lineup so I contacted the owner about what I was looking for. By providence, he was actually in the process of creating an AIWB holster design and was testing one out that he had made for his own G17. It looked exactly like what I was looking for. So we discussed it and I placed the order. 11 weeks later, I received this and am very impressed with the craftsmanship and design.

Name:  Overland AIWB.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  29.7 KB

It is natural leather with the rough out and black mouth, loops and full sweat guard. It has a wing for grip tuck and some extra length. It also features 10 degrees of reverse cant. It's very comfy except the extra length is angled a little too much towards my inner thigh and was rubbing. I contacted Overland and he said to send it back and he'd get it modified to my liking. I'll post again when I get it back.

The owner is a real nice guy and responded to my emails within hours. He also shipped my holster with a nice thank you letter for the business.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Forgot to mention it also has a metal reinforced mouth which I was surprised to learn is actually thinner than a leather reinforced mouth. The metal is pretty thin and the leather over it can be thin also. A leather reinforced mouth needs to be thick to provide good reinforcement.

Back
    Name:  Overland AIWB back.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by Irelander; 02-03-2022 at 09:59 AM.

I’m digging how comfortable it looks.
    Are those big leather wings enough to act like a wing and wedge does on a Kydex aiwb?
    I.E pull the butt in and tilt the gun back into you?

The wing that goes under the belt does a great job of rotating the grip into my body. The muzzle wing doesn't do much yet as it will need a pad attached to actually contact my abdomen. However, so far I don't think I'll need it.

You dont see too much leather gear these days. it looks good!

I find the P2000sk is "rounded off" enough that it is actually pretty comfy in AIWB. Too bad mine is in .40 and a bit snappy on recoil. I need to try the heavier trigger spring set up for my LEM, but am just feeling too lazy to mess with the guts of an HK.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    You dont see too much leather gear these days. it looks good!

I find the P2000sk is "rounded off" enough that it is actually pretty comfy in AIWB. Too bad mine is in .40 and a bit snappy on recoil. I need to try the heavier trigger spring set up for my LEM, but am just feeling too lazy to mess with the guts of an HK.
    I have a leather AIWB for a P2000SK. Works well if you have no flab.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have a leather AIWB for a P2000SK. Works well if you have no flab.
    Which holster do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Which holster do you have?
    TT Gunleather.

https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...einforced-aiwb

I have one for the P2000SK and EDC X9.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    TT Gunleather.

https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...einforced-aiwb

I have one for the P2000SK and EDC X9.
    Cool. I almost ordered the TT AIWB holster. I wasn't sure how many AIWB specific features it had. Would you mind posting a picture of your TT AIWB holster for your P2000SK?

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Cool. I almost ordered the TT AIWB holster. I wasn't sure how many AIWB specific features it had. Would you mind posting a picture of your TT AIWB holster for your P2000SK?
    This is the only pic I could find laying around. If you'd like, I can take a pic with the gun in it later this evening. Let me know.

ETA: It's the one on the right in case that wasn't obvious.

User Tag List