Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Finally, a P320 AXG that works for me… almost

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It’s all together now - all that is left to do is replace the green ring front sight with an orange ring version after I confirm the height is correct. This thing feels great! My thumb keeps looking for a decock lever, though. Pavlovian.

Attachment 86390
    Oh God Damn. Well, there goes $1000. Are those Lok G10's?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Oh God Damn. Well, there goes $1000. Are those Lok G10's?
    Yep, the palmswell version.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

If anyone cares, dry weight with magazine in this configuration is 33.4 oz.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Springer Precision now has an extended mag release.

Name:  D501C75D-F7FE-4A36-8B65-CAE8C5C63889.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  62.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/parts/grip-..._material=2781

I'd be jonesing hard for these for my P250c's, but the Wilson module is very nice, and $68 is easier to swallow than $400.
    I've seriously thought about getting a P250 to put into an AXG module just because I'm not keen on striker guns without safeties.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've seriously thought about getting a P250 to put into an AXG module just because I'm not keen on striker guns without safeties.
    I've never heard of a Beretta 92D with more extra steps!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I've never heard of a Beretta 92D with more extra steps!
    I used to have a 92D Centurion. If ever there was a gun I regret selling it's that one. I still work with the guy I sold it to but I'm never getting that thing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The AXG grip module offers a lot of flexibility as to how you build it out. This is one my wife did. AXG lower, Armory Craft grip panel on the left side, Lok panel on the right, 4.7 Pro slide modified by Springer for the Romeo 3 XL, gas pedal, Sig Custom Works FCU with some of the Glock Store Sig trigger kit, and she has whittled down the profile of the AXG beaver tail. She has a Gray Guns 4.7 Lockwood match upper on the way.

Attachment 86392

Attachment 86393
    Good to see I'm not the only one in p-f going with asymmetric left and right grips, with function trumping aesthetics...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It’s all together now - all that is left to do is replace the green ring front sight with an orange ring version after I confirm the height is correct. This thing feels great! My thumb keeps looking for a decock lever, though. Pavlovian.

Attachment 86390
    Did you have to cut the grip panels yourself, or did AB Prototype do that for you? Their page currently states that they don't cut wood or G10 grip inserts, which is what makes me hesitate to even consider this, as I definitely want would want the AXG Classic but with a manual safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Did you have to cut the grip panels yourself, or did AB Prototype do that for you? Their page currently states that they don't cut wood or G10 grip inserts, which is what makes me hesitate to even consider this, as I definitely want would want the AXG Classic but with a manual safety.
    I did it myself using hand riffer files (or maybe they were my needle files, I can’t remember) - it was about a fifteen minute job IIRC, I had pics a gent from Reddit sent me as a rough guide. The G10 cuts like butter with even cheap needle files, and I finished it with a dab of oil rubbed in. One of those tasks that was much worse in anticipation than reality. I definitely would not use a Dremel to do it. I’m sure a craftsman could make a really elegant cut, but the safety levers cover everything anyways.

I’ll pull it out of the safe and post pics.
    Ken

User Tag List