Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, a P320 AXG that works for me… almost

Finally, a P320 AXG that works for me… almost

I know how much P320s are loved here, but I’ve become rather fond of my two - an X5 Legion and a black M18. The M18 has a manual safety, which is something I require in the platform for anything other than a range toy (like the X5 Legion.)

I’ve handled a few AXG pistols and really liked the grip module, but the Scorpion is FDE/Coyote/Goat Poop and the Classic is just too pretty. I think there are others now, too but nothing plain.

Apparently there’s a LE only SKU that is a workingman’s AXG - it’s not high polish like the Classic, and it’s not trendy like the Scorpion. Think a P320 Model 28. Take one of these, send it off to AB Prototype for a FCU and grip module safety cut, and drive on. Very tempted…

Stolen photo:

Name:  729AB11D-E538-4DB3-B4F5-1B29875A8655.jpg
Views: 3873
Size:  73.6 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    One of these with p22X series safeties would be very compelling. Hell, any P320 with those safeties would.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I know how much P320s are loved here, but I’ve become rather fond of my two - an X5 Legion and a black M18. The M18 has a manual safety, which is something I require in the platform for anything other than a range toy (like the X5 Legion.)

I’ve handled a few AXG pistols and really liked the grip module, but the Scorpion is FDE/Coyote/Goat Poop and the Classic is just too pretty. I think there are others now, too but nothing plain.

Apparently there’s a LE only SKU that is a workingman’s AXG - it’s not high polish like the Classic, and it’s not trendy like the Scorpion. Think a P320 Model 28. Take one of these, send it off to AB Prototype for a FCU and grip module safety cut, and drive on. Very tempted…

Stolen photo:

Name:  729AB11D-E538-4DB3-B4F5-1B29875A8655.jpg
Views: 3873
Size:  73.6 KB
    There’s a version of this with the carry slide as well. IMHO If buying one of these complete I would buy the Carry version. In my experience the standard 4.7 inch version of the P320 is over sprung as it comes from the factory. There is a perceptible dip as a gun returns to recoil unless you go to a lighter spring.

The lightened slide of the 4.7 inch AXG pro does not have this issue and tracks like a 3.9” Carry slide.

Even at LE/IOP pricing, the gun you posted is not cheap. There is nothing magical about it. The P320 is a modular handgun. You could simply buy a regular RXP and swap out the the plastic grip shell for an AXG grip.

Screw it, I’m in. I was just talking to AB Prototype, they can cut my FCU and AXG grip module for the factory safety. Ordered, there was a dealer who has them for quite a bit less than most. Definitely less than cobbling one together.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I picked up one of the full size LE/Mil ones a few weeks ago for an outrageously good deal. It is very pleasant to shoot. I ended up putting a romeo1 pro and Sig suppressor sights on it.

Carry and competition.

Name:  686FE1E7-5AB3-4417-8F27-B08DB0F5FE35.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  E598F6DC-D8DE-4C3F-8409-B287BB417552.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  100.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I don’t know what y’all consider an outrageously good deal but those LE AXG’s are running about $1100 here via IOP.

I agree with @GJM, Personally I would rather have the carry model for real world use and I’d rather spend a little more for an AXG pro for competition.

Lok grips really enhance the AXG frame.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t know what y’all consider an outrageously good deal but those LE AXG’s are running about $1100 here via IOP.

I agree with @GJM, Personally I would rather have the carry model for real world use and I’d rather spend a little more for an AXG pro for competition.
    Just under $900.
    Ken

One of the reasons this model appealed instead of cobbling one together is that I’ve seen it repeatedly mentioned here at P-F the LE SKUs are less likely to have quality issues. That was part of the reason I picked up a black M18 earlier, it was a LE SKU.
    Ken

User Tag List