Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: P365 Spectre Comp

I wonder if this uses the “normal” P365 barrel. Having something that can be easily disassembled for cleaning has appeal, even at the cost of reduced absolute compensation.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wonder if this uses the “normal” P365 barrel. Having something that can be easily disassembled for cleaning has appeal, even at the cost of reduced absolute compensation.
    Yes it does, per Phil Strader in the Sig video.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It also has appeal in jurisdictions with difficulties with threaded barrels.

So, if SIG deigns to sell the slides, a P365 owner could probably drop his barrel in and drive on. Interesting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm not an engineer, but surely having the bore of the "compensator" larger than the barrel's outer diameter greatly hinders its effectiveness. People were being this up in the YouTube comments, but I don't know how much the bullet-to-bore tolerance matters.
    Last edited by Gaston; 02-01-2022 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    I'm not an engineer, but surely having the bore of the "compensator" larger than the barrel's outer diameter greatly hinders it's effectiveness. People were being this up in the YouTube comments, but I don't know how much the bullet-to-bore tolerance matters.
    I have used a dark hour comp / stand off device which is kind of similar.

Name:  93356F81-6BF5-4509-BBCA-736FD14E2213.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  27.1 KB

The effect is still quite noticeable.

This would be nice to fit XL holsters and give a little compensator action.

Even the ported SAS gives a perceptible difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

This would be nice to fit XL holsters and give a little compensator action.

Even the ported SAS gives a perceptible difference.
    Yeah, the pros definitely outweigh most of the efficiency cons. I imagine the porting may make up for the comp not being ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I like the concept but I wonder how well it will work. I wish they had used a longer barrel with ported end inside the slide comp area as an expansion chamber. They could have skipped the slide cuts too since there is no ported barrel in those areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIJGNi6dtUA
    While cynically I wonder if this exists mostly as a sales vehicle for the RZEs and other RZ-family optics, I do find the concept pretty interesting from a 10,000'-looking-down perspective; that said, I wonder if it describes an eventually terminating branch of evolution, similar to the WML-integrated-into-the-grip concept that Beretta's Pico, Sig's P320, and Sig's P365 have all demoed.

Given that, I'm glad that they don't use a ported barrel, given the inevitable brass-shaving and upwards discharge that goes with that. I'm not Scott Oates, and just can't hang with that level of rancor with the same stoic resolve.

I wish it didn't have the fully cut-through detailing on the slide, but can appreciate that they're orienting it as a primo-priced variant, following along with the other visual and tactile texturing, colored barrel and trigger, and all that jazz...
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Just to clarify what I meant by ported. Something like this.

Name:  98715i2_ts.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  32.0 KB

Do the same cut but back bore the end of the barrel rifling to behind the comp cuts and keep it 365XL length to fit inside the slide. Doing so should eliminate or greatly reduce jacket material from being projected upward like regular ported barrels can do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes it does, per Phil Strader in the Sig video.
    Phil wouldn't B.S. us...
    Would he ?

User Tag List