Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suppressor forum or source of information?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I do, but it's mostly guys that thought the SF cans would do better in the db reduction area. If durability, flash suppression, and low IR signature(which isn't a concern for most people) are the major wants in a suppressor, I feel like SF is a solid contender. Oh, and they're a company that probably isn't going anywhere. The decibel reduction isn't terrible, and the tone is quite nice.

I think the Keymo is a great locking collar type attachment system, and the Sandman S sounds great with 300BLK and other 30 caliber guns, but it leaves something to be desired on 5.56 guns, at least the way my ears perceive it. They've been teasing a 5.56 duty can for a while, but they released the multi caliber Primal 46 last year instead.

If I had to give the title of The Glock 19 of Suppressors to one, I'd probably go with the YHM Turbo T2. Not just because I own one, but because it impressed me so much for the price, which is basically the cost of a Glock 19.

I'm intrigued by the Thunder Beast cans, but no one I know has one and they are rarely in stock, but I've only heard good things.
    How it sounds doesn’t enter into it for me. I don’t notice unless there’s something unusual.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would argue the Deadair Sandman cans and other modular cans using the Deadair Keymo mounting system are the G19. In addition to Dead Air’s own dedicated Key-no cans, they make Keymo adaptors for modular cans and there are multiple quality Keymo mounts from companies other than Dead Air such as Forward Controls Design, Sons Of z Liberty Hin Works, Lantac etc… and there is, of course, a military contract for tan / FDE Sandman S suppressors.

The surefire’s cans are good but the mounting system well rugged is a bit dated. Availability of the Surefire mounds from Surefire is hit or miss. This is a problem because Surefire has their intellectual property lockdown so you don’t see Surefire compatible mounts from anyone except sure fire.

Interestingly enough BNT recently announced US production of a suppressor which is compatible with sure fire mounts.
    Keymo is heavy and unnecessarily complex. I know that this is not a popular opinion but i've had more issues with my keymo mounted devices than I have with direct thread, YHM or Griffin Plan A adapters.

I divested myself of four Keymo devices and only have a Sandman K left in my inventory. I dislike Keymo so much that i'm considering sending my Sandman K to Echo Machine to have him chop it off and rethread it 1.375X24.

The G19 of suppressor mounts is direct thread plus torque plus rocksett. It's not gucci. It simply works.

User Tag List