Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor forum or source of information?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Maybe. I’d need to wait 10 years before awarding the Glock-of-Suppressors to Dead Air.

To me Glock represents a solid, boring, reliable, future proof standard from a company that’s never going away. (Not the latest tech, or even the best design).

I got bit by the “best can ever” claim with AAC, and then with SilencerCo, leaving me wishing I’d just bought another SureFire.

TBAC, on the other hand has proven outstanding, and it sounds like Dead Air may be similarly awesome.
    My point is even if dead air folds, the Keymo pattern could still be supported by others.

The .MIL is moving to OSS cans.

I'm very interested to see the new flow-through B&T cans

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    And… this is the issue. For a newb it’s like trying to drink from a firehose.
    The whole thing is. LOL!

Not that long ago I was new to this as well. Fortunately I had great people who guided me along.

After 6 or 7 years of owning a bunch of cans I think most new people can grasp the concepts in question. The problem lies in not knowing what questions to ask. Once people realize that they need a set of viable criteria based on what they are doing it's much easier to sort out the options.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'm very interested to see the new flow-through B&T cans
    Same for me, B&T seems to have a potential sweet spot with decent tech and history of delivering.

Prices sound reasonable, at least once they get their Florida manufacturing online.

I agree with the above, db reduction is not my number one criteria. Mount, weight, size matter more to me.

For pistol cans, I like the Silencerco Osprey, because it mounts asymmetrically below the bore axis. Obscures the sights less. I bought mine in 45, and I can use it on 9 and 45.

Get a good .22 can that is rated for 5.7x28, and disassembles for cleaning. I have a Silencerco Sparrow. Others are nice, too.

Get a good 30 cal can. But think about your mount system. You will be buying lots of those. I chose TBAC, and have several cans that share the same brake mount. I like the titanium cans for the weight, and do not need a full auto rating. I use 30 cans on 6.5, 6mm, and .223. TBAC are very good for precision rifle shooting, I use them mostly on my bolt guns.

My older cans (AAC) I sent off to be remachined to 1.375x24, so I can use a common brake mount. TBAC brake for me, Keeps things simple.

Get a trust. Makes the paperwork for multiple cans and family members simpler and more flexible.

Find a good dealer in your state. I recommend Hansohn Brothers in VA. Visit and spend a few hours learning hands-on. Worth a lot more than my internet advice.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Trigger; 02-03-2022 at 07:28 AM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I dunno……..get comfortable paying a one time tax to save your hearing…….

Multiple times.

Shrug.

Name:  1E03E347-1F74-4239-88ED-B0592A3E0682.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  74.4 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My point is even if dead air folds, the Keymo pattern could still be supported by others.

The .MIL is moving to OSS cans.
    Interested in hearing more about OSS, reading on their website and they seem pretty awesome. I don't like the idea of blowback, wondering how much of this is happening with the Surefire can's. Honestly was about to purchase one from Surefire and still may if they are indeed some of the most rugged out there, as it will just sit more than being shot with ammo being what it is today.

The thing in my case that makes me still lean to Surefire as well is I've already got a Surefire 3 Prong FH installed from factory and really want to avoid replacing for one of the OSS compatible devices to mount to. I will say this, their cans don't look as rugged as the Surefire to me but looks can certainly be deceiving.

I feel like that's a Surefire... My 5.56 Mini has had countless rounds through it, including a lot out of a Mk18. It looks more worn outside than in. I don't know anyone who owns a Surefire can who has complaints--other than the cost (and maybe weight).

I do, but it's mostly guys that thought the SF cans would do better in the db reduction area. If durability, flash suppression, and low IR signature(which isn't a concern for most people) are the major wants in a suppressor, I feel like SF is a solid contender. Oh, and they're a company that probably isn't going anywhere. The decibel reduction isn't terrible, and the tone is quite nice.

Maybe. I’d need to wait 10 years before awarding the Glock-of-Suppressors to Dead Air.

To me Glock represents a solid, boring, reliable, future proof standard from a company that’s never going away. (Not the latest tech, or even the best design).

I got bit by the “best can ever” claim with AAC, and then with SilencerCo, leaving me wishing I’d just bought another SureFire.

TBAC, on the other hand has proven outstanding, and it sounds like Dead Air may be similarly awesome.
    I think the Keymo is a great locking collar type attachment system, and the Sandman S sounds great with 300BLK and other 30 caliber guns, but it leaves something to be desired on 5.56 guns, at least the way my ears perceive it. They've been teasing a 5.56 duty can for a while, but they released the multi caliber Primal 46 last year instead.

If I had to give the title of The Glock 19 of Suppressors to one, I'd probably go with the YHM Turbo T2. Not just because I own one, but because it impressed me so much for the price, which is basically the cost of a Glock 19.

I'm intrigued by the Thunder Beast cans, but no one I know has one and they are rarely in stock, but I've only heard good things.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    And back pressure. Not only for the inconvenience/unpleasantness of getting gassed out, but the lead and toxicity/ carcinogen exposure as well.

People talk about absorbing harmful chemicals through the skin when cleaning guns without gloves so how concerned should we be breathing in the same materials in aerosolized form.
    Even with a .070" Crane Spec gas port in my MK18, I felt I was inhaling too much crud, I have asthma so I may be more sensitive to it than others. I remedied that by installing a BRT EZTUNE GAS TUBE from Black River Tactical. No more getting gassed out, gun runs smoother, and it doesn't puke as much carbon back into the internals.

User Tag List