Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Jeans

Bill Jeans

Bill Jeans, Marine, former police officer, and the former operations manager of Gunsite had a cavernous malformation of the right cerebellum which had bled.

Symptoms similar to a stroke. He's been operated on and is in ICU in Phoenix.

He is not a wealthy man and the travel expenses for his wife, rehab, and house modifications will be expensive. If you have any ability to help, I would appreciate it, as would Bill.

One of the true good guys.

Don't forget him and his family in your prayers.

A Go Fund Me account has been started and may be accessed here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bill-jean...ource=customer

Thanks,
    Ken

Thank you for the information and the link.
    I only met Mr.Jeans in '93 and '95 while attending classes. We shared a fondness for the 12 gauge. Pretty remarkable guy.
    Prayers sent.

Wow, sad news! Bill was a bigger than life trainer and friend when I attended Gunsite way back when….
    Get better Brother!

I received a brief update on Bill's condition today, and it is generally positive and optimistic.

Will share details when they become available.

Ken

According to the most recent information I have received, Bill is still in the hospital, but experiencing some challenges (suspected to be medication driven) and generally doing well.

Oh my goodness, that is terrible news. I do appreciate the heads up, and the opportunity to assist. I will help pass the word.

Keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

The latest update I have received says Bill is now in the rehab portion of his recovery and progressing pretty well.

Here is a report on Bill Jeans from a friend who visited with Bill in the hospital yesterday. Very good news:

I spent the afternoon with Bill Jeans today. He said to say hello to all of you and is grateful for your thoughts and prayers. He was his usual witty self, giving both me and the nurse a bad time. He tried to convince the nurse that she should buy some Irish whiskey and before her shift was over, they both would be feeling much better. We talked at great length on all types of topics....he is in good spirits. It looks like he will be at the rehab for a bit longer, I'm hoping to go see him again possibly early next week.

Update on Bill Jeans

Here is the most recent information I have received regarding Bill's recovery:

Bill is still in a rehab facility in the NW Phoenix area. No visitors are presently scheduled for Wed, Thurs, and Friday. If you'd be interested in visiting Bill, please call Susan at: 928-636-1329

I know he'd appreciate this, and he gets awfully bored when not active in therapy. Fingers crossed that he might go home next week but nothing is scheduled.

Ken

Bill Jeans

UPDATE ON BILL JEANS:

Bill Jeans returned home today. Hurrah!

He reports that he is somewhat wobbly but otherwise well.

He thanks all of you for your concern, emails, calls, visits, and cards. He reports that his backlog of email is truly enormous, his computer is obstinate, but he will endeavor to gradually work through a one-month backlog.

Please be patient.

User Tag List