Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting case from leftist Prosecutor Chesa Boudin's office

Interesting case from leftist Prosecutor Chesa Boudin's office

Link

"SF DA's Office Accused of Withholding Evidence in Effort to Convict Cop of Excessive Force"

"NBC Bay Area's Investigative Unit has learned a criminal investigator for the DA’s office, Magen Hayashi, testified Thursday that she was ordered by her own co-workers – attorneys inside the district attorney’s office – to withhold evidence, and said she believed she would have been fired if she refused"

She went forward and spoke to the judge, who apparently yawned and said, "Whatever." I could believe just about anything coming out of Boudin's office, but would certainly applaud someone standing up to a fraudulent prosecution if that is what is truly in play here. It will be interesting to see how hard the DA investigator gets slapped down and what the judge ends up ruling on the request to dismiss.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

This is very disturbing, although hardly surprising. These Woke DA's are #1 public enemies.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It's a complete betrayal of the foundations of the judicial system. Anyone that can countenance such is beyond redemption.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It's almost like they made a conscious decision to forget that Brady is about prosecutorial misconduct, not officer behavior.

From several articles on the issue ...

DA investigator thought she'd be fired if she disclosed the exculpatory evidence;
    A lead DA investigator had just been fired for disclosing exculpatory information;
    DA investigator has her own attorney;
    The sitting DA comes from a family of actual domestic terrorists and was raised by a second couple from the same tribe before working directly for Chavez in Venezuela;

I see very bad outcomes in allowing actions like this to continue.

Also, the judge doesn't believe this is a big deal because she's a woke, former public defender, LGBTQ+ activist. If this case involved ANY suspect other than a police officer, it would have been dismissed, with prejudice. The inmates are running the asylum and have been for over 35 years.

I can't wrap my head around this...

When I called out judicial misconduct in years past it meant something. It wasn't that long ago. And yet it may as well have been.

You guys still doing the job have my deepest sympathies. And so do the rest of us.

Site Supporter
    What in the cinnamon toast fuck is going on in SF?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't wrap my head around this...

When I called out judicial misconduct in years past it meant something. It wasn't that long ago. And yet it may as well have been.

You guys still doing the job have my deepest sympathies. And so do the rest of us.
    As much as I hate to say it, this is how Justice worked in the old country. Evidence that countered the state narrative was not evidence for too long. Give it some time abs you’ll see “defense” attorneys primary concern be one defense of the state and maybe you if it’s convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    What in the cinnamon toast fuck is going on in SF?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    You folks have no freaking idea. The only ones here who have a clue how bad it is are @paherne, @KevH and @Erick Gelhaus, because they're local.
    Just walked into work, and a female former Robbery Unit Sgt., who left a few months ago, is on Fox News discussing her now viral letter to our Chief. She was calling out the total abdication of leadership by our command level folks, and their constant deflection of responsibility for the departments crumbling morale. Dana Perino asked her if she thought it could be fixed, and Mari said it absolutely could.

I no longer believe that it can. I think we are in 'cascade failure' mode at this point. Young officers are fleeing in droves, and we can't even hire enough to make up for normal retirements. Just heard yesterday that one district station had 7 people submit their notice in a single 24 hr period. That's in addition to the 6-7 others who they know will be leaving soon.

And @paherne is correct about the judge. I spoke to our Assistant Chief, who was at the hearing last week. He had to calm down the officer afterward, who just couldn't understand how the judge could allow the case to continue after the Investigators admission under oath. The fact is, half of our judges are activists cut from the same cloth as Boudin. They hate cops with an irrational passion. And this judge has also apparently put a gag order on all parties about the case?!?!?

We've become totally lawless. SF is gonna get its wish, to have a city without police. That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it works out for them.

I can't "like" your post, @AMC , so I'll just say thank you for the info.

I hope all of you who remain get out relatively unscathed. This is sad beyond words.

User Tag List