Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Popped the cherry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I sure do, it's sad.
    Sad that Rear Command wouldn't let him take it as far as the program needed to go. Some guys are just forward thinkers, and sometimes... what can I say, organizational inertia. What do they know? The warfighters know what that man tried to do for his country, some people just get in the way of progress.

(ETA: Because sometimes, conventional wisdom needs to be thrown to the wind, and you don't know when to stop) I mean, do you know how many operators I've met? Personally? That have the same story. I've heard it a million times (no... really... a million times) It's a heart-breaking state of affairs at Naval Special Warfare, Marine Special Operation Command, Delta Force and honestly just SOCOM in general. You know what's heart breaking?

Employee Retention. That's Right. I said IT. Employee Retention, the real travesty. You know how many guys just come straight out of those programs and do what? Gain 150 lbs and where can they go? Gunshows. Gunstores. Yeah, they were unsung heroes before battling for this country in space battles and what not, they'll go to gun stores and give advice that I'm sure they won't be thanked for there too. Silent Professionals, that's what they are... or used to be, because now they have to give unsolicited advise, because that's their gift to you! You can't teach a dog new tricks, tell a tiger not to have stripes and you can't stop a Samurai Master from training Padawans. Those men will be there every Saturday, with sage words and hard earned insights for you, whether you want it or not. Because it's not what you want but what you need.

Maybe you two need to figure out two words. "Thank You." How about that. You can't handle the truth! They're not too proud or too good to let you know how good that Hi Point really is, and what an industry sleeper it is. It's just as good and Yes, you should magna-port that Ruger LCP. Who needs anything other than a Mosin-Nagant? I'm just saying what had to be said.

(I sincerely hope the sarcasm was picked up)
    Last edited by BWT; 09-13-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    (I sincerely hope the sarcasm was picked up)
    Well, it might have been, but for some reason my sarcasm detector exploded.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I'm just saying what had to be said.
    As someone who spent many years behind a gun store counter, I just want to say that I heart this post so much!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List