Thread: FERRO MOS plate

FERRO MOS plate

Didn’t see this posted yet. I ordered one to check out with a Holosun 508. Options are good.

https://ferroconcepts.com/products/r...titanium-plate

Why titanium instead of aluminum? Practical reason for it or just a way to differentiate from the other plates out there?

I've got one of the plastic plates from CHPWS that I may want to replace (though honestly I might just get the new Holosun SCS MOS).
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

This is markedly different from their other products they sell (ie armor, carriers and accessories). I wonder if they contract the work to some other manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Why titanium instead of aluminum? Practical reason for it or just a way to differentiate from the other plates out there?

I've got one of the plastic plates from CHPWS that I may want to replace (though honestly I might just get the new Holosun SCS MOS).
    That grade of Ti has more than double the yield strength of 7075 T6. That makes a big difference when it comes to screws stripping out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    That grade of Ti has more than double the yield strength of 7075 T6. That makes a big difference when it comes to screws stripping out.
    True, but the plate isn't threaded, it's through holed and the optic/plate take the threads. So, that's kinda irrelevant for a plate that is literally squished between two datum points as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    True, but the plate isn't threaded, it's through holed and the optic/plate take the threads. So, that's kinda irrelevant for a plate that is literally squished between two datum points as far as I can tell.
    Huh? The MRDS is screwed to the plate.

Site Supporter
    Huh? The MRDS is screwed to the plate.
    Sorry, brain fart. You're 100% correct.

That makes total sense why CHPWS uses those T-nuts to secure the MRDS to their aluminum plantes.

I finally got around to using this plate for the 508 on a G17.5 I’ve been shooting this year with a 509T x2. The 509 needed a trip back to the manufacturer.

For what it’s worth, it mounted easily and locked up tight to both the slide and the optic, even without the screws. Just under 500 rnds over 2 range trips. No issues so far.

User Tag List