Thread: Gen 4 trigger bar - top edge indentations

Gen 4 trigger bar - top edge indentations

I took apart my Gen 4 17; wanted to learn how to do a polish job on Glocks. The trigger bar's top edge has two little indentations on it. Anybody knows what those indentations are for, or is it a manufacturing by-product? If they serve no purpose, should they be "softened" with a file?

I have a hi-res photo, but the Photobucket seems to be down.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-23-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I have a hi-res photo, but the Photobucket seems to be down.
    You should be able to post it as an attachment. Look for the paperclip in the formatting bar.

I'm pretty sure that area of the trigger bar isn't in contact with anything, and thus not an issue at all. I'll have to strip my gen 4 when I get home and make sure.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if it's some type of identification mark to note a revision, to deal with the dead triggers that have been popping up?

I have 3 GEn 4 and 1 aftermarket Phampton trigger for gen4s and they all have these cut outs. Must be part of the manufacturing process as I can see no function that they perform.

I suspect it is an artifact of manufacture, likely from being made on a progressive press. A progressive press feeds a strip of material through a series of forming operations using the material itself to control the position of the parts being formed. The last operation shears the individual pieces from the strip.
    Think of a machine gun belt moving through the gun to visualize it.

User Tag List