Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes Front, Keep Walking

Eyes Front, Keep Walking

I think there was already a thread for "encounters in the wild" but I forget the name. So, anyway, I was exiting (big box home improvement store) empty handed after a fruitless and frustrating search and there, standing proudly for all to see is this guy who I suspect is a new member of the open carry fraternity. I don't know if Glocks still come with a plastic holster and double mag pouch, like I have seen guys at the range loan to newbees, but it looked like he must have just undone his belt and threaded the holster and then the mag holder directly in front of it i.e. such that if he tried to actually draw his G17 he would have found it was blocked in by the magazines and would have had to have torqued it around to get the gun out of the holster. He also had the mags in the wrong direction for a cross draw reload but I figure that was the least of his problems. While not in the spirit of education that PF encourages, I thought it best to keep my eyes foreword and walk away.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Sometimes it's just best to avoid interaction (or eye contact) with the clueless, and exit their stupidity zone ASAP.

If Darwin has taught us nothing else...

...let nature take its course.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Unfortunately, he may not be the one his derpness takes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Unfortunately, he may not be the one his derpness takes out.
    So...preemptive strike?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I assume that might come with some legal repercussions. I wasn't there so really can't access the situation. I'm considering getting some cards from local shooting ranges or gun clubs to pass out. Fortunately, I haven't run across anybody like that yet. But if I do, I might consider trying a friendly encounter like, "Hey I like you pistol. If haven't tried (name on card as I hand him a card) there's a lot of folks you might enjoy talking too."

Considering some of the disagreements that show up on social media by those who know just enough to hurt themselves, "education" is something that unless directly sought out by said individual, falls into the stupid, places, people and things category.

ap·​o·​sem·​a·​tism | \ ˌa-pə-ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm \
    Definition of aposematism
    zoology
    : the use of a signal and especially a visual signal of conspicuous markings or bright colors by an animal to warn predators that it is toxic or distasteful
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ap·​o·​sem·​a·​tism | \ ˌa-pə-ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm \
    Definition of aposematism
    zoology
    : the use of a signal and especially a visual signal of conspicuous markings or bright colors by an animal to warn predators that it is toxic or distasteful
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Yep, but several times a day I can't help but feel that my colleagues and I are practicing reverse Darwinism.

User Tag List