Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Extractors

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    As I understand it from major MIM arguments among 1911 guys, there is very high quality MIM (SA TRP and up) and there is low quality MIM. for small parts as well. The devil is always in the details.
    I'm one of those 1911 guys (actually, HK, 1911, GLOCK & M&P) and with a 1911 the only MIM I keep on the gun is the grip safety. I also ditch any cast parts, too. They are kept in the range bag.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    As I understand it from major MIM arguments among 1911 guys, there is very high quality MIM (SA TRP and up) and there is low quality MIM. for small parts as well. The devil is always in the details.
    There are certain components in a 1911 that should not be made of MIM but my experience with a couple of quality 1911's that contain MIM, and tens of thousands of rounds through them, MIM has not been an issue.

Mjolnir has a point about design. There are certain parameters that should be considered when using MIM in production. I would not want to use MIM on a component that flexes, like a 1911 extractor.

Rumor had it that Glock has been using MIM components for many years but I never researched it to confirm and never really cared since my experience with quality MIM parts has been excellent.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List