Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Another vote for the AMG... I like it cause it picks up dry fire.
    Needs moar belly button ring.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at the AMG.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post

Of the five, my favorite is the AMG. The only thing I wish the AMG had was the microphone on the opposite side as the display screen. If I can I like to point the timer’s microphone at the shooter and have the display facing me so I can use my peripheral vision to see if the shots are registering...
    Seems like it would have been designed that way. I've never used a standalone timer before, though.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The Active Self Protection guys advertise the RangeTech timer. I've never messed with one personally, but it seems like a neat option. ...
    Based in their demonstrated use in videos and in live in-person training, I bought a RangeTech last year as my first timer. I am very pleased with it. Lower cost relative to other established brands is a nice aspect. What I really like is the Bluetooth use with multiple devices (an old iPhone not on a network, an iPad, an iPod Touch, and my primary phone), and the ability to set all parameters and time settings on the device screen, instead of remembering a lot of menu click options on the timer itself. Another positive is the ability to start each sequence from either the button on the timer or the device screen. Finally, since all the times are left recorded on the screen in a table, it is much easier to check total and split times in one view, instead of stepping through them on the timer display.

By using two support devices at once, I can use the RangeTech and a MantisX at the same time with visible displays, a really good tool set for both dry and I've fire.
    Last edited by Craig_AR; 01-30-2022 at 09:39 AM.
    Craig
    VCDL, ACLDN, SAF (Life), GOA, NRA (Benefactor Life), USAF Retired
    https://tinyurl.com/craig-trains

I agree that the Rangetech shot timer looks interesting and innovative. (As well, Riley Bowman is a good dude, and a skilled shooter.)

However, lack of a display is a dealbreaker for me. While connectivity is useful, I don’t want to need my iPhone in addition to a shot timer. What a hassle, and dropped phones on range gravel is likely to be more expensive than having a ST with a display.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Kestrel has a timer in the works. It can be seen on the Kestrel website but there's no real info available yet.

From the few emails I've exchanged with a customer service representative the timer will have several memory settings that can be used to store different par times or personal best times.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’ll tag onto this.

I need a timer, it will be used indoors on public ranges and also outdoors.

Is the PACT Club 3 decent for this kind of use?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The Active Self Protection guys advertise the RangeTech timer. I've never messed with one personally, but it seems like a neat option.

ETA: I personally use the AMG Labs timer. I used the Pocket Pro II before that. It worked fine, except it's bulky and 9v batteries are a pain. I kept having to re-solder the cheap connector pigtail.
    The screen failed on my AMG Labs timer. I emailed them using the website contact form, but haven't heard back. I need to pursue it further. I have no doubt he'll make it right.

In the mean time, I just got a RangeTech timer in that I'll be testing. I received the unit right at one month after purchase.

I'll keep ya'll updated if anyone is interested.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Kestrel has a timer in the works. It can be seen on the Kestrel website but there's no real info available yet.

From the few emails I've exchanged with a customer service representative the timer will have several memory settings that can be used to store different par times or personal best times.
    @JCL, how are you liking your Kestrel Shot Timer?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ll tag onto this.

I need a timer, it will be used indoors on public ranges and also outdoors.

Is the PACT Club 3 decent for this kind of use?
    "Decent" is a relative term. The PACT and PocketPro are decent, for 1980's technology. The CED 7000 isn't that much better, and I've worn one out just using it for dryfire. They get the job done, but I can't imagine buying them instead of one of the nextGen timers: Commander, MDT, and Kestrel. These are admittedly all more expensive, but I think you get more for your money.

User Tag List