Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Foxtrot 15rd 1911/2011 type pistol, ~size of G43X

The parent company in question has been making frames, slides, barrels and small parts for a long time for the US market when it comes to 1911's. There has just been other well known custom/semi custom builders names on them...

I am unaware if these are made from foreign forgings and final machined here (my guess) or made offshore and assembled here...
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    “Economy” small, double stack 1911.

“Pass”.
    "Economy"

"$1500"

"LOL"

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    "Economy"

"$1500"

"LOL"
    “Economy”? No. “Economy Double-stack 1911”? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    "Economy"

"$1500"

"LOL"
    The closest design competitor I'm aware of is the Wilson EDC X9, which starts at $2999, so as odd as it seems, $1500 is economy for this sort of pistol.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/edc-x9/

I am intrigued … but agree that Shield Arms is an odd donkey to hitch your cart to! Common Glock 19 mags = big win ! I am following g this thread though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    It really does seem like the sfx9 (or whatever they call the subcompact with no grip panels) from Wilson. For half the price. The Shield magazine aspect is very intriguing—I feel like double stacks often feed better. So, maybe this would work well? Plus, they mention the reduced grip dimensions (I’m guessing front-back depth) which might improve ergos/ trigger reach.

https://videos.recoilweb.com/watch/p...best-of-awards

Didn’t see any other coverage of the other Alpha Foxtrot 1911ish model that uses CZ75 magazines. Starts at about 1:07 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    https://videos.recoilweb.com/watch/p...best-of-awards

Didn’t see any other coverage of the other Alpha Foxtrot 1911ish model that uses CZ75 magazines. Starts at about 1:07 in.
    Great find, that does look really cool. Like the DWX, but hopefully actually entering production. The biggest drawback to 2011s is the $100, dubiously reliable mags, so a 2011 type pistol that runs $20 MecGar mags would b fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I am intrigued … but agree that Shield Arms is an odd donkey to hitch your cart to! Common Glock 19 mags = big win ! I am following g this thread though !

Glock 19 mags, as good as they are, are FAT.

If it takes the Shield Arms magazine, it likely takes a factory Glock 48 magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Glock 19 mags, as good as they are, are FAT.

If it takes the Shield Arms magazine, it likely takes a factory Glock 48 magazine.
    You are so right !!!

User Tag List