Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Foxtrot 15rd 1911/2011 type pistol, ~size of G43X

Alfa Foxtrot 15rd 1911/2011 type pistol, ~size of G43X

This looked cool:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...trot-1911-s15/

https://alphafoxtrot.us/af1911-s-government/

Micro doublestack 1911 that uses 15rd Shield G43X/G48 mags for $1500. Like an economy Wilson EDCX9

I gotta admit that looks pretty cool, and I know less than nothing about 1911s. Dasan is the Korean outfit that opened a facility in Duluth GA in 2014?

https://www.industryweek.com/expansi...ant-in-georgia

I wonder if they make the parts offshore and assemble in Duluth, or make everything in the US. I'd guess the former...Regarding the use of the Shield mags, that is pretty neat. Be good to see other shooting or longer term reviews of this once it's released...ETA: I am not sure what the target market is for this, with most sales these days in the micro-compact skinny 9mm sfa polymer category (Glock slimline, Sig P365, Shield Plus, etc.)

Site Supporter
    Looks interesting. I wish they were using 4.25” commander slides with a barrel bushing. I think this will be a hard sell at that price.

Too bad it has a grip safety.

“Economy” small, double stack 1911.

“Pass”.
    #RESIST

Can't say I've been impressed with Alpha Foxtrot's products that I've messed with thus far. We've had their metal-framed Glock clones in our store and the weight wasn't well balanced and the trigger was absolutely horrific.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Too bad it has a grip safety.
    That’s actually a plus in my book. Horses for courses.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It looks interesting. I was reading about it yesterday.

I do sort of wish they'd just jumped in whole hog and gone for a G19 mag. But the Shield Arms mag choice is interesting. Certainly makes the mags cheaper than any double-stack 1911 mag out there.

Of course, I want to see them 1) In person. 2) Be run through enough rounds to determine reliability/function 3) A breakdown to see how many parts are proprietary vs. a 1911/2011

The last point is pretty critical, because the few parts it shares, the less likely you are to be able to fix it when the company inevitably goes away.

I think the type has interest, see the expensive Wilson and the midrange S&W CSX.
    But an off brand gun designed around an off brand magazine, priced like an upper-middle class outfit is less interesting.

As far as parts commonality goes, I would look at the SA EMP with "only" eleven nonstandard parts and expect about the same.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    I really didn't know anything about this company. But the gun looks interesting. I also didn't know you could get double-stack magazines for single-stack Glocks. That's cool they're adapting it to the 1911 platform. Metal guns in this size range are always interesting to me. Though reliability is always the question.

User Tag List