Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Sight Training fee "Restructing" Jan 22

Front Sight Training fee "Restructing" Jan 22

Yikes. Long time Front Sight Training member roasts the "restructuring" announced Jan '22 by the founder, Ignatius Piazza.

https://static.one-armed-man.com/202...-response.html

Closing summary:

"Translation: Those fabulous “paper” assets I said I transferred to you are worth nothing — not even the 1/100th of a cent you get from a supermarket coupon — so that’s exactly what you will receive in exchange for supporting Front Sight for months or years. Sorry, not sorry, sucker!

You have spent years making Front Sight memberships seem too good to be true. I presumed they were when I gave you money, but I tried to give you money in proportion to the value I thought I was getting. Therefore, I don’t feel cheated but I do feel disappointed.

As disappointed as I am, I am not surprised. I always figured that this Ponzi scheme had to end sometime, and for the most part I acted on that assumption."

Being relatively new to firearms training, I wasn't familiar with this, ah, operation. Reading reviews of the place was pretty eye-opening.

*Apologies for the typo in the title. Moar coffee required.

Never been there, no desire to attend. All I need to know about the place is the number of people that have been shot on its premises.

No one could have seen a Front Sight scandal coming.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ponzi scheme
    You misspelled "Piazza scheme".

PS - Or would this be Piazza Gate?
    Yippee ki-yay

There have been black clouds swirling about him and that place for only like 30 years. Complete disbelief by the loyal followers that it turns out that this amazing thing they got for almost nothing turned out to be worth nothing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    You misspelled "Piazza scheme".

PS - Or would this be Piazza Gate?
    Either way, somebody is going to be out of a lot of dough.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, I'm shocked. I didn't think they still existed.

Site Supporter
    Someone gave me a front sight membership several years ago. Ever since, I have gotten emails and phone messages from Piazza at least weekly. After doing some research on the place, I decided I would never give them any money or attend a class there, and don’t regret that decision.

Site Supporter
    I attended Front Sight years ago in order to give my wife basic skills and experience in shooting. The goal was for her to be able to defend herself when I was away. Goal accomplished.

But I didn't stop there. I bought higher levels of membership. I received gun and cash spending bonuses that about equaled the money I spent and memberships that I could sell or give away. I have given away about 50 memberships with the caveat of enjoy the membership while you can and don't upgrade unless you have a good reason. I have taken rifle, pistol (many times and different offerings), rapelling, hand to hand and edged weapon. Good instruction on awareness and law (especially appropriate for significant others).

I have given memberships to all my employees that wanted them and have had employee class outings there. I have taken their advanced and tactical pistol classes.

I have gotten far more than I paid them. I am 100% happy to have introduced so many to shooting, at least 5 of which now shoot matches.

Was it the best at training and instruction? No, but what is? I still enjoyed the classes when I took newbies for their "introduction" to shooting.

After Front Sight, I still enjoy shooting. I carry every day, practice when I can and shoot matches almost every weekend.

It was good while it lasted and I have no complaints. I would do it again.

It was bound to end one day, but I got more than I paid for.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I always figured there would be kool-aid involved.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List