Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Timney M&P Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Let us know if you, like Jerry Miculek, find that “it’s easy to get down to .12 splits.” [emoji1787] (quote from the above posted video)
    Jerry could shoot .15 splits with a Yeetcannon - so I doubt that actual non-superhumans like me will ever get down to .12 with hits.

In my heyday, I could consistently run .15 A-zone splits with a G19, but I had regular access to a range, virtually unlimited access to training ammunition, and got sent on paid vacations to places like Midsouth twice a year. Pretty sure I couldn't pull that off now for love or money, regardless of what slick trigger I stuck in a G19. Maybe a G18 :-)

Site Supporter
    For anyone wondering. I picked up the Timney kit and installed in a new 4.25” optic ready. I will say that I like the trigger shoe quite a lot, the FPB is nice and smooths out the pull, but the sear is another story. With the full kit installed I am getting a sub 3lb and very soft and slightly unpredictable break. I’ve since pulled out the Timney sear and installed an Apex duty/carry sear and am now getting a nice predictable solid wall with a 4.2lb break. The Timney shoe has a decent amount of pre-travel still (which I’m ok with), a 90 degree flat break, and very little over travel with the apex sear. I am actually very happy with this combo now and will keep it in the gun.

I don't mind "soft" but "unpredictable" doesn't sound good; and 4.2 lb is not worth $150.
    I will stick with my Burwell job.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Finally put my Timney equipped M&P to work. After 500+ rounds, I gotta say that the Apex flat trigger is better. The Apex to me feels like a PPQ trigger but with a much, *MUCH* shorter take up. That's not to say the Timney is bad, it's actually quite good. My only gripe with it is that right after it breaks, there's considerable travel before it hits the over travel stop. It's not quite the travel of a stock Glock trigger post-break but it's there. It also has the KA-CHUNK of a stock Glock post-break except its much softer and thus, makes it more if a nitpick as you really don't feel it in live fire.

IMO outside of a custom trigger job, Apex is still king. If you can catch the Timney at a considerable discounted sale price, I'd consider it again as it's easy to control but I'd rather spend the extra for the Apex. Just a bit easier to shoot and it instills a bit more confidence for me. YMMV

That being said, the Timney Glock trigger is absolutely cheating. I have one installed in a Glock 17L and a G5 34 both with DP fiber optic sights and i cannot miss. It just is that good. I have Apex barrels in both my M&Ps and I know I could probably out shoot the 17L (once the barrels fully break in) but im not a fan of combat sight pictures. So, next on my list is to change the sights. Any suggestions on sight sets that are center hold for 9mm M&Ps? I hope Dawson has a set.

Name:  20220216_182547-picsay.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  94.6 KB

Site Supporter
    My M2.0 with the Timney shoe and Apex duty/carry Sear. I actually really like this combo.

https://imgur.com/a/IuJFFzm

Now THAT looks better post break than the sear Timney includes. I still think the Apex trigger itself is a bit better but the Apex Duty sear looks like a good combo along with the Timney trigger. I wonder if reliability with the Apex FSS would be compromised. 🤔

https://youtu.be/lu-L5lG7eQ8

Do not have enough rounds through it to decide yet which I prefer. I also have a 2.0 with the APEX flat trigger and another with the APEX duty/carry kit.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    IMO outside of a custom trigger job, Apex is still king. If you can catch the Timney at a considerable discounted sale price, I'd consider it again as it's easy to control but I'd rather spend the extra for the Apex. Just a bit easier to shoot and it instills a bit more confidence for me. YMMV
    The new Apex kit with the flat polymer trigger is $99 and actually quite a bit cheaper than the Timney trigger.

https://www.apextactical.com/poly-fl...it-for-mp-m2-0

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingRod View Post
    The new Apex kit with the flat polymer trigger is $99 and actually quite a bit cheaper than the Timney trigger.

https://www.apextactical.com/poly-fl...it-for-mp-m2-0
    As soon as they list that kit with the curved trigger, I’m pulling my card out!

Two things I wonder: a) if you use the factory springs with the Action Enhancement kit sear and trigger, (not Fwd Set kit) would the pull be reduced to the same weight as the Fwd Set?

And 2) is there any difference between the 2.0 and 1.0 trigger shoe? All I really have to replace to be content is the shoe.

User Tag List