Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rough Time For City of Houston-Area/Harris County-Area LE

Dept released BWC video from this incident. Plenty of lessons to be learned here.

https://youtu.be/yaQ-w4OS7bk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Dept released BWC video from this incident. Plenty of lessons to be learned here.

Whoa. Yes, plenty of lessons. Especially the multiple unintended mag drops. (I wonder if he had installed an extended mag release? If so, that, at least, is a hardware issue.)

Not just shooting issues were present. I deeply empathized with that officer’s difficult egress from the passenger-side doorway. One of the significant factors, in my decision to retire, was the difficulty in sliding out from under the MDT, dealing with the toy-ish door latch, stepping over the rather high edge of the door threshold, wishing that accursed door would swing FARTHER OPEN, and then exiting through the passenger side of those miniaturized Ford Explorer-based Police Interceptors. To exit smoothly, the best method seemed to be to pivot around the right seat bolster, but that left me facing away from a threat located to the front of the vehicle.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I had to turn down the sound; our dogs were traumatized by this video. (Violent Hollywood movies do not bother the dogs. There is acting, and, there is reality.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-26-2022 at 10:58 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Whoa. Yes, plenty of lessons. Especially the multiple unintended mag drops. (I wonder if he had installed an extended mag release? If so, that, at least, is a hardware issue.)

Not just shooting issues were present. I deeply empathized with that officer’s difficult egress from the passenger-side doorway. One of the significant factors, in my decision to retire, was the difficulty in sliding out from under the MDT, dealing with the toy-ish door latch, stepping over the rather high edge of the door threshold, wishing that accursed door would swing FARTHER OPEN, and then exiting through the passenger side of those miniaturized Ford Explorer-based Police Interceptors. To exit smoothly, the best method seemed to be to pivot around the right seat bolster, but that left me facing away from a threat located to the front of the vehicle.
    The two unintended magazine drops from the first officer’s bodycam also immediately stuck out to me. I wonder if something about the grip he was able to establish in this stressful situation caused his hand to activate the magazine release. The guns in the video look like Sig P320s to me. I believe @HCM might have previously mentioned seeing some people in our agency inadvertently drop partially loaded magazines with the issued P320s. I can only imagine the added stress of having your first two magazines inadvertently eject while partially loaded during a gunfight. Then he shot his third mag to slide-lock and attempted to reload and realized his remaining mags were on the ground. My heart rate increased a little watching the officer, with a now empty pistol, have to run up to pick up the second magazine that had inadvertently ejected from the gun in order to stay in the fight.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The two unintended magazine drops from the first officer’s bodycam also immediately stuck out to me. I wonder if something about the grip he was able to establish in this stressful situation caused his hand to activate the magazine release. The guns in the video look like Sig P320s to me. I believe @HCM might have previously mentioned seeing some people in our agency inadvertently drop partially loaded magazines with the issued P320s. I can only imagine the added stress of having your first two magazines inadvertently eject while partially loaded during a gunfight. Then he shot his third mag to slide-lock and attempted to reload and realized his remaining mags were on the ground. My heart rate increased a little watching the officer, with a now empty pistol, have to run up to pick up the second magazine that had inadvertently ejected from the gun in order to stay in the fight.
    I'm trying to find out was causing the magazine drops, I contacted some people that might have some insight.

I'm trying to find out was causing the magazine drops, I contacted some people that might have some insight.

Please let us know what you learn if you’re able to share the info.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

I have seen poor, compromised grip while under time stress cause this with both Glocks and Sig 226's. Haven't had enough folks with enough rounds down range on 320s to see it happen yet with that platform, but likely most guns are vulnerable to compromised grip issues. Due to the grip/mag release design I can totally see it.

It looks like the 2nd mag may not have fully seated after the hasty in-battery reload. Common with a fully loaded mag and slide forward.

User Tag List