Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough Time For City of Houston-Area/Harris County-Area LE

I haven't checked in here in a long time. It's been busy with my new assignment. Automatic weapons are becoming an issue. I recovered two Glock auto sears from suspects during my time in Gangs. Now they're being found on weapons consistently.

We lost an officer in October from a suspect with Glock auto sear. Now this happened yesterday. With 3D printers the genie is out of the bottle. Full auto AR's are popping up talking to my buddies that still work Gangs I'm sure its only a matter of time before those become mainstream. The Glock switches started out here as a trickle before they really took off.

Heres a pic of the gun used during the initial shootout. Suspect left it in the car and transitioned to another pistol My best guess is that is looks like a pistol mounted in one of those CAA Micro Roni kits.

SWAT engaged the shooter at his house a few different times while he was barricaded. He finally surrendered when they started tearing the house down on his ass with an armored Bobcat skid steer. Quite a few shields did their job yesterday. Here's a pic of one that took some rounds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Be safe, @andre3k...our thoughts are with you and those you serve with.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I haven't checked in here in a long time. It's been busy with my new assignment. Automatic weapons are becoming an issue. I recovered two Glock auto sears from suspects during my time in Gangs. Now they're being found on weapons consistently.

We lost an officer in October from a suspect with Glock auto sear. Now this happened yesterday. With 3D printers the genie is out of the bottle. Full auto AR's are popping up talking to my buddies that still work Gangs I'm sure its only a matter of time before those become mainstream. The Glock switches started out here as a trickle before they really took off.

Heres a pic of the gun used during the initial shootout. Suspect left it in the car and transitioned to another pistol My best guess is that is looks like a pistol mounted in one of those CAA Micro Roni kits.

SWAT engaged the shooter at his house a few different times while he was barricaded. He finally surrendered when they started tearing the house down on his ass with an armored Bobcat skid steer. Quite a few shields did their job yesterday. Here's a pic of one that took some rounds.

Are you in Motors now, or did I imagine that?

Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Shot in the head from long range would be my guess. Could be wrong.

We don't call LE snipers anymore, do we? What's the politically correct term?
    We still called them snipers but marksman is PC I guess.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Ooof. Cartel? Or…?
    As Andre3k mentioned with 3D printing of AR DIAS and boat loads of Chinese / Ali baba /wish.com Glock full auto bank plates smuggled in declared as “air soft” gun parts full auto is increasingly common amongst the the thug set.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    ... He finally surrendered when they started tearing the house down on his ass with an armored Bobcat skid steer. ...
    A new and, of course, to be applauded addition to the force continuum. Extra credit for urban renewal. There will be some who are alarmed at the prospect of crushing a suspect not having had his/her/its day in court. Never mind the risks to law enforcement as gunfire is exchanged.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    A new and, of course, to be applauded addition to the force continuum. Extra credit for urban renewal. There will be some who are alarmed at the prospect of crushing a suspect not having had his/her/its day in court. Never mind the risks to law enforcement as gunfire is exchanged.
    I believe this is the vehicle in question

https://therook.ringpower.com

Name:  8D8EBE6B-FDAE-49E6-8EF7-3D089C86FE74.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  33.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As Andre3k mentioned with 3D printing of AR DIAS and boat loads of Chinese / Ali baba /wish.com Glock full auto bank plates smuggled in declared as “air soft” gun parts full auto is increasingly common amongst the the thug set.
    Understood.

Hell of a thing, that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I believe this is the vehicle in question

https://therook.ringpower.com

Name:  8D8EBE6B-FDAE-49E6-8EF7-3D089C86FE74.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  33.0 KB
    Yep thats it. I didnt know those existed. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Are you in Motors now, or did I imagine that?

Be safe.
    Yeah, back on a bike. Hopefully, I'll be here until I retire.

User Tag List