Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It looks like I am going to try NRA Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup) this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I shot action pistol at our gun club. If there is one thing I could change it would be to add a carry optics division.
    From the same rulebook you linked: • 3.2.4 Production Optic Firearm – Same configuration as a Production Firearm in Rule 3.2.2 with the exception of addition of an optic and that revolvers are not allowed. The following will apply:
    (a) Pistol must be able to fit into Production Box if optic is removed
    (b) Optical and or electrical sights must be attached only to the slide between the ejection port and the rear of the slide

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    From the same rulebook you linked: • 3.2.4 Production Optic Firearm – Same configuration as a Production Firearm in Rule 3.2.2 with the exception of addition of an optic and that revolvers are not allowed. The following will apply:
    (b) Optical and or electrical sights must be attached only to the slide between the ejection port and the rear of the slide

2022 SUNSET COAST REGIONAL

1ST-GUN ENTRY CATEGORY (CIRCLE ONE) METALLIC OPEN RIMFIRE PRODUCTION

It must not have trickled down yet? Anyway good to know, that would suit me better. Some of the info I was going off of was a video you did like 10? years ago so maybe outdated but still helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    2022 SUNSET COAST REGIONAL

1ST-GUN ENTRY CATEGORY (CIRCLE ONE) METALLIC OPEN RIMFIRE PRODUCTION

It must not have trickled down yet? Anyway good to know, that would suit me better. Some of the info I was going off of was a video you did like 10? years ago so maybe outdated but still helpful.
    I'd see if you can find the match director's contact info and get him an updated rulebook

I'm not seeing that in the 2018 rule book I linked to, however the 2020 rulebook does have that provision. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here's the link for anyone interested: http://rulebooks.nra.org/documents/p...n/act-book.pdf
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I'm not seeing that in the 2018 rule book I linked to, however the 2020 rulebook does have that provision. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here's the link for anyone interested: http://rulebooks.nra.org/documents/p...n/act-book.pdf
    Why would you link to an outdated rule book when “NRA Action Pistol Rules” typed into Google gets you to the right one?

Why would you link to an outdated rule book when “NRA Action Pistol Rules” typed into Google gets you to the right one?
    Because that's the link I had in my action pistol folder. I said thanks......

Because that's the link I had in my action pistol folder. I said thanks......
    Fair enough, I was just legit curious. The way other people organize information is fascinating to me, since I use Google almost like a digital secretary

I'd see if you can find the match director's contact info and get him an updated rulebook
    Not sure why it wasn't on the entry form, but I emailed the match director with the current info and he said yes I could shoot production optics and he would sign me up for that.

Fair enough, I was just legit curious. The way other people organize information is fascinating to me, since I use Google almost like a digital secretary
    Yeah, on that kind of stuff I should just google it.

I was glad to see that rule, texted our Action Pistol discipline head asking if he'd consider the class annnnd crickets.

I know he's aware of the rimfire metallic sight class but everyone shoots and is reported as open class rimfire. it's too bad because I think carry optics and rimfire are where the growth potential is for what seems to be a dying discipline.

My targets came recently so when we only had half a day of work today I went out for a second practice session specifically for this. Since I did plates last time I did practical today. It was sunny but also 21 degrees and windy so I only shot 100 rounds. At that point it seemed like it would be diminishing returns to continue on as my hands were so cold. I legit spent 100 rounds at 10 yards because I was surprised that it is not as easy as it looks on paper. Now granted, I was wearing gloves and drawing from under a coat, but I used up almost all of my time. On the weak hand only part over the course of a number of strings I dropped a few points. It is supposed to be in the 40's Sunday so hopefully I can good a good session in then. Of course unfortunately I don't have an unlimited ammo supply.

User Tag List