Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These look like an interesting option for J-frame reloads

These look like an interesting option for J-frame reloads

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-speed-strips/

Anyone seen these before? Or have experience with them?
    I have been using ordinary speed strips with my J-frames just for the convenience of carry, so I wonder if these would have any advantages?

Those are actually pretty neat.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I grabbed a few samples for J’s and then the LCR when they first hit. I just threw one of the loader tabs in the HPG chest rig with the 640 pro in them for a quick hike today, in fact. That said, I also threw two HKS loaders in the same pouch—I’d definitely reach for those first. JMO.

Thoughts from the old LCR thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’ve been playing with that zeta 5-round tabbed speedloader. The upside is that it’s compact, and retains the rounds well in a pocket. The downside is that I find it slower than a tradition speedloader: old-school loaders get “shaken” into place; the zeta requires aiming, since the manipulating tab and round position is fixed. It’s an odd combination of inflexibility with regard to positioning, and unwanted flexibility with regard to the front of the rounds flopping around. That said, the zetas are a great way to carry some spares to deal with reloading administratively. They aren’t fast though, even by LCR standards. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I grabbed a few samples for J’s and then the LCR when they first hit. I just threw one of the loader tabs in the HPG chest rig with the 640 pro in them for a quick hike today, in fact. That said, I also threw two HKS loaders in the same pouch—I’d definitely reach for those first. JMO.

Thoughts from the old LCR thread:
    My thoughts exactly -- admin use yes, but if emergency use, I am going full Nike first.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Agree. Mike from Revolver Guy sent me a few he had tested and not warmed up to. I gave them a whirl and came up with the same conclusion.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I have a couple j-clips in my Box Of Bad Ideas, which largely of full of "ways to reload a j-frame that aren't a Safariland Comp II." My experience mirrors what has already been said here.

The J-Strip and Sym-Strip look like they might be a cheap experiment to see if they offer any real advantage over Speed Strips and Tuff-Strips.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I've been carrying J-strips for the last 6 months since I switched back to the J-frame from my LCP. They have the distinct advantage of alowing me to easily carry 4 full reloads in side cargo pockets instead of 2 HKS speedloaders in a back pocket with their literal PITA consequences.

They are much slower than the speedloaders but I can live with it.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

I bought several J-CLIP-Rs for my LCR back when I had it. Interesting concept - didn't work worth a poop. I could never get a smooth release with the "pull the tab" technique required, so I usually ended up with 2-4 rounds in the cylinder, the rest either still in the "clip" or loose on the ground.

The 2-2-1 or 2-1-2 strips look like an interesting solution to having to use a 6-shot strip and leaving a space, but, all in all, if you need to reload your revolver RIGHT NOW, either option is not a great one, compared to a Comp-II

I’ll jump on the bandwagon. I bought some of the five round paks for a J frame and was completely underwhelmed. I kept a couple loaded in a Go-Bag for awhile for administrative purposes and went back to speed strips because the little bit of juice they provided wasn’t really worth the squeeze IMO. I would also lose a round on occasion.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I’ve found the J clips to be faster than a standard speed strip, but bulkier. Slower than a speed loader, but still about as bulky. I like to load some up before going to the range, for easy reloading when testing new loads out. Reasonably priced. No moving parts. For me they have their place. Safariland speedloaders still end up being my go-to.

User Tag List