Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 rounds with the Staccato P DPO

Are there issues with over insertion using non staccato mags? I can’t find the 20 round in stock anywhere but atlas and mbx have mags for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Are there issues with over insertion using non staccato mags? I can’t find the 20 round in stock anywhere but atlas and mbx have mags for it.
    Just like with any 1911 style design problems can arise from over insertion of magazines. I am running 10-8 base pads on all of mine in my C2 to prevent that. It isn't a brand specific problem but the length.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Just like with any 1911 style design problems can arise from over insertion of magazines. I am running 10-8 base pads on all of mine in my C2 to prevent that. It isn't a brand specific problem but the length.
    Is the issue for slide lock reloads only or all reloads?

This is my first 1911 style gun and I'm trying to learn about 'em. Looking to run some 140 and 170mm mags in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Is the issue for slide lock reloads only or all reloads?

This is my first 1911 style gun and I'm trying to learn about 'em. Looking to run some 140 and 170mm mags in it.
    Slide lock. While you are at it, don't drop your slide on an empty chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since I am shooting a 2011 Open gun in competition, I am trying hard to warm up to my Staccato P. Shooting it earlier today, I started running into stoppages like this, shooting 124 Lawman. Seems more a SRO problem than a Staccato problem. Should I switch to a Holosun?

Attachment 98090
    I'm going to say SRO problem. Interestingly, if you Google "Trijicon SRO jam" for images, the first hit is a pic you posted of a P320 with the same malfunction.

He sent me this, showing it.

Attachment 38904
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Changed out the SRO for a 407CO, and all is running well.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Have a spare SRO that *was* heading to Infinity next week for mounting on a commander sized double stack but you've got me considering sending a Holo 507C-GR hmmm .......
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 12-08-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Posts like this are not helping tamp down my recurring desire for a Staccato.
    Same. I actually found a local store with one I could hold, and now I want one even more. I was half hoping the grip would be too big for my hands. Lol.

Since I am shooting a 2011 Open gun in competition, I am trying hard to warm up to my Staccato P. Shooting it earlier today, I started running into stoppages like this, shooting 124 Lawman. Seems more a SRO problem than a Staccato problem. Should I switch to a Holosun?
    Small dollop of silicone caulk under the SRO cover lip will prevent that.

Only 250 rounds in but so far no issues with the SRO and Staccato P but we will see how that holds up. Seems the issue could be resolved if someone made a plate with either no backup sights or the sights in front of the optic.

Also I'm going to be testing a variety of mags. I expect the Staccato ones to work great. I have a 140mm and 170mm MBX I'm testing as well. I plan on trying some Atlas mags and the Prodigy mags also. The feed lips are much different on Staccato compared to MBX.
    Name:  IMG_0823.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  36.0 KB

User Tag List