Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 rounds with the Staccato P DPO

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To your point, I took a mid size 2011 in .45 acp to NTI in the late 90's.

The late ‘90s was the proper time to discover 2011s.

Small update - just crossed the 2500 round mark (2505 rounds), including 50 rounds of Speer 124gr. +P Gold Dot. I was pleased with the cycling and accuracy of the +P so will stick with them for now. Plan to test some 135 gr. Critical Duty +P as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I found that the Tenicor Malus Sol was quite a bit more comfortable than the LAS Saya for carrying with the X300 without giving up any concealment, so you may want to give that a try. Shoot me a PM if you want to save a few bucks on one I don't need anymore.
    This is spot on; I purchased @dontshakepandas Tenicor Malus Sol to compare to the LAS Says 2.0 and it is definitely an overall slimmer footprint. Significantly more comfortable. I also like that it has more of a safety block than the LAS; you can still defeat the safety while holstered but it takes a bit more force. One thing I don't like about ambidextrous safeties is the exposed lever while holstered. Generally my preference is single side safeties on 1911 style pistols, but I'll say that I find the ambi on the Staccato to be among the best I've used.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Small update - just crossed the 2500 round mark (2505 rounds), including 50 rounds of Speer 124gr. +P Gold Dot. I was pleased with the cycling and accuracy of the +P so will stick with them for now. Plan to test some 135 gr. Critical Duty +P as well.

This is spot on; I purchased @dontshakepandas Tenicor Malus Sol to compare to the LAS Says 2.0 and it is definitely an overall slimmer footprint. Significantly more comfortable. I also like that it has more of a safety block than the LAS; you can still defeat the safety while holstered but it takes a bit more force. One thing I don't like about ambidextrous safeties is the exposed lever while holstered. Generally my preference is single side safeties on 1911 style pistols, but I'll say that I find the ambi on the Staccato to be among the best I've used.
    How about the grip safety? Are you getting good engagement 100% of the time?
    I know some folks haven't.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

The grip safety hasn’t been an issue for me,
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The grip safety hasn’t been an issue for me,
    Follow up question, do you know how far it has to be depressed to release the trigger? After it was posted in the “Safeties” thread I watched that Hilton Yam video where he criticizes taping them down, and he mentioned Staccato factory spec is releasing at 50% travel. To me that seems “untuned” for a duty and self defense gun - I’m in the same camp as Hilton wanting the grip safety cleared basically any time my hand is on the gun. Curious to know if yours ended up being tuned a little more generously. Will it allow the gun to fire even with a really bad grip?

Thinking about it I’m not sure if the wider grip compared to a 1911 helps or hurts with grip safety issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Follow up question, do you know how far it has to be depressed to release the trigger? After it was posted in the “Safeties” thread I watched that Hilton Yam video where he criticizes taping them down, and he mentioned Staccato factory spec is releasing at 50% travel. To me that seems “untuned” for a duty and self defense gun - I’m in the same camp as Hilton wanting the grip safety cleared basically any time my hand is on the gun. Curious to know if yours ended up being tuned a little more generously. Will it allow the gun to fire even with a really bad grip?

Thinking about it I’m not sure if the wider grip compared to a 1911 helps or hurts with grip safety issues.
    I'm looking forward to this discussion. My sense is the wider grip flattens the web of my hand more and makes sure grip safety contact more sure.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post

On the P I handled recently at the local shop the bump on the grip safety was almost flush with the mainspring housing before it was de-activated. I’ll be tuning it in the next day or so (like I’ve done on other 1911’s) since I ended up taking it home.

With dry fire I haven’t noticed a problem yet with bare hands, but activation leaves something to be desired while wearing my fairly thick leather motorcycle gloves. I haven’t noticed much difference between the widebody and a single stack Springfield that I use with slim grips.

I have had chance to shoot the Stacatto P. Outstanding overall. A good friend of mine, who was a died in the wool Glock guy owned it. He runs that thing like nobody's business and does Glock like maintenance. No issues at all. He just shoots, shoots and then shoots some more. A 25+ year Glock guy, completely converted.

The Stacatto was being discussed at work the other day. I've shot and carried Sigs, Glocks and 1911s. I believe the excitement behind this platform is, that you have all the intrinsic value of a 1911, with double stack capacity. It is also similar is size & weight to that of standard duty issue Glock/Sig.

More capacity than my G17, better trigger than anything out there and a design that is ergonomically superior to the Austrian plastic brick. All things to love in my opinion and a reason I would retire the G17 I carry if the Stacatto P were on our approved list.

I have been running two Staccato P's for maybe over a year now both grip safeties seem to have positive activation. Each one seem to activate between the 40 to 50ish percent depressed. It very well may be due to the wide body grip that helps with these. I could tune them up a bit, but to be honest I never really had any issues on single stack 1911's. Just my observations of a sample size of two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I have had chance to shoot the Stacatto P. Outstanding overall. A good friend of mine, who was a died in the wool Glock guy owned it. He runs that thing like nobody's business and does Glock like maintenance. No issues at all. He just shoots, shoots and then shoots some more. A 25+ year Glock guy, completely converted.

The Stacatto was being discussed at work the other day. I've shot and carried Sigs, Glocks and 1911s. I believe the excitement behind this platform is, that you have all the intrinsic value of a 1911, with double stack capacity. It is also similar is size & weight to that of standard duty issue Glock/Sig.

More capacity than my G17, better trigger than anything out there and a design that is ergonomically superior to the Austrian plastic brick. All things to love in my opinion and a reason I would retire the G17 I carry if the Stacatto P were on our approved list.
    I am a big fan of my Stacatto P and I agree it is a viable duty gun. That said, things are what they are not what we want them to be. The term “Glock like maintenance “is not compatible with the Stacatto. We need to be honest about what the Stacatto is and what is not. Larry Vickers “If you treat your gun like your lawnmower get a Glock” comment very much applies.

Despite the polymer grip, it has a metal slide on a metal rail chassis. It also has a precisely fitted barrel. Both of these require regular lubrication. This is no different than other metal framed duty duty guns.

Second, while you can (and I often do) Run polymer frame duty guns and ARs by simply adding lube, Doing so with a Stacatto will cause issues in the long term. The tolerances are such that running the gun dirty but wet will slowly abrade those internal services and cause accelerated wear.

User Tag List