Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2000 rounds with the Staccato P DPO

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Forward Controls Design plates for the Glock MOS, which I think are a huge improvement over the OEM design. Unfortunately, I don't think FCD's Staccato plate offers any material advantages over the latest Staccato/Dawson OEM plate. It's fine, but I don't think it is measurably better.

I'm currently running a Staccato OEM plate that I've also secured with E6000. So far, so good.
    Is that Staccato/Dawson plate version the one with the small rubber o-rings? IIRC, I have read that people had some problems with those specific plates and they suspected that the flex of the o-rings was causing the plate to come loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Is that Staccato/Dawson plate version the one with the small rubber o-rings? IIRC, I have read that people had some problems with those specific plates and they suspected that the flex of the o-rings was causing the plate to come loose.
    I'm one of those people - I don't like the O-rings, but hadn't seen that others had commented on it.

That said, when I mounted the Staccato/Dawson plate with E6000, I left the O-rings out.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

There can't be more than a couple threads worth of engagement from plate to slide. The screws are so short.

I used e6000 this time so hopefully it helps.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    There can't be more than a couple threads worth of engagement from plate to slide. The screws are so short.

I used e6000 this time so hopefully it helps.
    I don't recall the Staccato plate-to-slide screws being that short. IIRC, there is a decent amount of threads in the slide for the screws so the threads should allow at least 4 turns.

Crossed 14,000 rounds today. One more malfunction - a FTRB. I knew it was coming - could feel the slide velocity slowing dramatically, followed by that 'Ker-chunk' cycling. A rap on the back of the slide and it kept going. So that's three malfunctions in 14,000 rounds.

My assessment is that if the gun is lubed it will run.

When I field stripped the pistol it was quite dry.

Also somewhere in the last thousand rounds the fiber optic front sight rod disappeared. Installed a new Dawson rod.

No issues with the optics mounting since using E6000.

This is easily my favorite pistol.

15,000 Rounds

Crossed the 15,000 round mark today (15,186 to be exact). A little over half (8,140 rounds) of the ammunition through the gun was Federal AE 147 grain. Second place was American Eagle 115 grain (1,924 rounds) followed by a case of Norma 124 grain (1,000 rounds). 500 rounds were defensive ammunition.

Four malfunctions total to date works out to 3796.5 MRBS, and as I've noted during this thread, I wouldn't count all four against the gun (at least one being attributable to the operator, and another to ammunition). In any case, I'm very pleased with the performance. Keep the gun lubed - I wipe the gun down and reapply lube every 500-600 rounds.

I'm still not satisfied with the optics plate, but the E6000 has seemingly solved the problem (no issues since applied over 2,500 rounds ago).

Today I detail stripped and cleaned the slide, cleaned the extractor channel, and replaced the firing pin spring and recoil spring. The X300U also received new Surefire branded CR123 batteries.

Double post.

Crossed the 15,000 round mark today (15,186 to be exact). A little over half (8,140 rounds) of the ammunition through the gun was Federal AE 147 grain. Second place was American Eagle 115 grain (1,924 rounds) followed by a case of Norma 124 grain (1,000 rounds). 500 rounds were defensive ammunition.

Four malfunctions total to date works out to 3796.5 MRBS, and as I've noted during this thread, I wouldn't count all four against the gun (at least one being attributable to the operator, and another to ammunition). In any case, I'm very pleased with the performance. Keep the gun lubed - I wipe the gun down and reapply lube every 500-600 rounds.

I'm still not satisfied with the optics plate, but the E6000 has seemingly solved the problem (no issues since applied over 2,500 rounds ago).

Today I detail stripped and cleaned the slide, cleaned the extractor channel, and replaced the firing pin spring and recoil spring. The X300U also received new Surefire branded CR123 batteries.
    How many malfunctions were with the AE 115s? That stuff is pretty anemic, especially for a 2011.

From the cheap seats, I hate that all the new plate systems are foregoing the GIANT DPO bolt at the rear.

I bought a used CHPWS Acro plate a while back and it only came with 1 bolt hole at the rear. This generation of CHPWS plate had the 2 tabs up front, which have also disappeared. When I had my STI milled, I asked the guy if he could cut my plate for the 2 additional bolts.

So now my plate has 3 bolts. What I like about it is that I can see my witness mark on the big bolt while the Acro is installed. For all I know, the 2 smaller bolts could be loose. Yeah, using E6000 as well. My round count is low ~1200 or so.

Here is pic from the shop who milled the pistol and modified my plate:

PS - This plate is from when CHPWS and 10-8 were a thing, that built-in rear is a 10-8 design, another bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    How many malfunctions were with the AE 115s? That stuff is pretty anemic, especially for a 2011.
    3/4 were with the AE147, with the other attributed to the batch of Geco ammunition that was subsequently recalled.

I don’t disagree that the 124 grain loads imparted more ‘oomph’ to the cycling. I have a preference for 147 grain defensive loads (G2 and HST) and being somewhat OCD about my zero, I use 147 AE as a ballistic match. I actually liked the 135 grain +P Hornady Critical Duty, which I found very accurate, but I just couldn’t find a good ballistic corollary for practice. I hate having a great variety of different 9mm loads and I’ve decided on the 147 as my default practice ammunition.

I seem to recall Todd had a presence for the 124 +P loads - and one of the reasons was improved cycling, noting he had seen guns that were choking with standard pressure ammunition suddenly resume proper function when fed +P. I suspect one of the malfunctions where I could detect the slide velocity significantly slowing might have manifested later with hotter ammunition. That said, I knew that malfunction was coming and I wanted to get a sense of when the wheels would come off the bus. If you can sense the slide slowing down, that’s the gun saying it needs lube.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    From the cheap seats, I hate that all the new plate systems are foregoing the GIANT DPO bolt at the rear.
    I really liked how the Staccato uses that third bolt to lock the DPP via the rear sight…what I disliked was the horrible DPP battery life.

User Tag List