Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 rounds with the Staccato P DPO

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Yup; I use the Titegroup kind!! 🤣
    Was gonna guess Unique, but it's not sandy enough for that

Crossed the 3000 round mark over the weekend.

My case of Hornady Critical Duty 135gr. +P finally arrived, and I put 60 rounds through the Staccato P. My impressions are very favorable - I found the round more pleasant to shoot than the 124 gr. +P Gold Dot I had been using, but felt it still cycled the slide with more velocity than the 147 grain loads I had been shooting. Very accurate - though I did need to adjust zero. POI was higher with the Critical Duty than the 124 grain loads. I may test a few different practice loads to try to find a good match.
    Name:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  70.8 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Over 5000 Rounds...

The Staccato P crossed the 5000 round mark this weekend (5301 to be exact). Since my last update, the pistol has continued to run without issue. I've continued my maintenance routine of a wipe down and lube every 300-500 rounds.

I've settled on the 135 gr. +P Critical Duty load for carry and have strangely found that 115 grain practice ammunition (Federal and Norma) is a good POI match at 25 yards. Incidentally, I also found that 147 grain HST has a similar POI and is a good backup load. 124 grain consistently hits lower than the Critical Duty, so I've been phasing that out.

I also shot my first IDPA match in several years with the Staccato (from AIWB). Interestingly, half of my squad was shooting a 2011 (a Staccato C2, another P, and a XL - plus an Atlas!). No drama from any of these pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The Staccato P crossed the 5000 round mark this weekend (5301 to be exact). Since my last update, the pistol has continued to run without issue. I've continued my maintenance routine of a wipe down and lube every 300-500 rounds.

I've settled on the 135 gr. +P Critical Duty load for carry and have strangely found that 115 grain practice ammunition (Federal and Norma) is a good POI match at 25 yards. Incidentally, I also found that 147 grain HST has a similar POI and is a good backup load. 124 grain consistently hits lower than the Critical Duty, so I've been phasing that out.

I also shot my first IDPA match in several years with the Staccato (from AIWB). Interestingly, half of my squad was shooting a 2011 (a Staccato C2, another P, and a XL - plus an Atlas!). No drama from any of these pistols.
    I took my C2 out today to try some carry ammo. I don't have large quantities of any of them so I took 147HST which is what I have been carrying lately, some 124+P Gold Dot that I bought when I saw some available, and what I thought was Hornady Critical Duty 135+P but was actually .45 Critical Duty upon opening it at the range. The 147 HST hit to the same POI as my practice ammo I zeroed with, (115 Blazer) the Gold Dot, which is quite snappy, grouped well but hit 3 inches low. I will try the Hornady next time though I am not sure if it is available so I should probably stick with the HST 147.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I took my C2 out today to try some carry ammo. I don't have large quantities of any of them so I took 147HST which is what I have been carrying lately, some 124+P Gold Dot that I bought when I saw some available, and what I thought was Hornady Critical Duty 135+P but was actually .45 Critical Duty upon opening it at the range. The 147 HST hit to the same POI as my practice ammo I zeroed with, (115 Blazer) the Gold Dot, which is quite snappy, grouped well but hit 3 inches low. I will try the Hornady next time though I am not sure if it is available so I should probably stick with the HST 147.
    Yep, that about mirrors my experience. The 115 grain is a good POI match for HST 147 (and the Critical Duty). 124 grain - whether normally aspirated or the +P GDHP, groups lower. I also found the Gold Dot +P snappy; while there's something to be said for increased slide velocity with the +P ammunition, I found the 135 grain +P Critical Duty far more pleasant to shoot. I also thought the 147 grain HST had a nice impulse.

Yep, that about mirrors my experience. The 115 grain is a good POI match for HST 147 (and the Critical Duty). 124 grain - whether normally aspirated or the +P GDHP, groups lower. I also found the Gold Dot +P snappy; while there's something to be said for increased slide velocity with the +P ammunition, I found the 135 grain +P Critical Duty far more pleasant to shoot. I also thought the 147 grain HST had a nice impulse.
    I agree with both of you as far as 124gr. Both my P's shoot it the same. I have been using 147 HST as a defensive load in them as well but I haven't shot the Critical Duty yet. Now I'm curios to try it.

I have a Staccato P worked over by Ed Cameron. Finally got around to mounting a dot. Used a Wheeler laser to get it close. These are five shots of Lawman 124 and Syntech 150 at 15 yards. The Syntech shoots slightly higher.

Name:  A24E22C0-9899-49F4-A5F5-061F14ADAABC.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  32.0 KB

Lawman function fine, but the Syntech 150 didn’t want to run. Seems like it would need a lighter recoil spring.

Must be some defect in me, but I shoot my Glock 19 much better. Will continue to mess with it.

Name:  192B7472-371D-46DE-A476-4B4E00775DF7.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  78.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've become very interested in a staccato C2 and p dpo... I thought I was done with 2011s years ago but staccato improving the mags and seeing Kyle defoor post about his experiences on Instagram are getting my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a Staccato P worked over by Ed Cameron. Finally got around to mounting a dot. Used a Wheeler laser to get it close. These are five shots of Lawman 124 and Syntech 150 at 15 yards. The Syntech shoots slightly higher.

Name:  A24E22C0-9899-49F4-A5F5-061F14ADAABC.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  32.0 KB

Lawman function fine, but the Syntech 150 didn’t want to run. Seems like it would need a lighter recoil spring.

Must be some defect in me, but I shoot my Glock 19 much better. Will continue to mess with it.

Name:  192B7472-371D-46DE-A476-4B4E00775DF7.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  78.5 KB
    Yup, you suck with that P. I'll take it off your hands to keep you from wasting training time and ammo

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Yup, you suck with that P. I'll take it off your hands to keep you from wasting training time and ammo
    I know you are kidding, but I think I realized something. The Staccato is pretty easy to shoot B8 and slower fire with. Where it is hard for me, is going fast. This may relate to the combination of a 1911 style trigger and this trigger being 4.0 pounds. My Open 2011 guns have 1.75-2.0 pound triggers. I can shoot a heavier trigger in a Glock, but lighter is easier for me with 1911/2011.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List