Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Thumb Safety S&W Shield 2.0

Mine arrived. Quality is very high; if I get a chance I’ll install it this week.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@esagucio. Your pms are not set up to receive private msgs.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Received mine a few days ago. Easy install, and makes the thumb safety actually useful.

I then proceeded to modify, or perhaps mangle , a Raven Perun OWB holster to make it work with the new TS lever. FWIW, whatever thermoplastic Raven now uses is not friendly to heat gun forming like Kydex is. I ended up having to cut away the upper portion of the holster above the thumb safety, leaving a little ledge on the bottom edge of the safety to lock it in the "safe" position when holstered.

Big thanks to @UNK for making this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I never link those sites directly to PF personally (a lot of redditors don't play nice with others) but there are still some good folks there that would be happy to get this.
    I hadnt though of that aspect. It is a good point. Heres a point of contact to purchase for posting on other boards or forums you might decide its best not to link to PF.

shieldthumbsafety@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Mine arrived. Quality is very high; if I get a chance I’ll install it this week.
    HD thanks for the observations. Early on in the process it was decided it would have to be a first rate part thats the reason for the coating. I dont know that he will do another run of these once the inventory on hand is sold. Not trying to be a hard sell kind of guy, if you think you might want one Id go ahead and get it while they are available.
    Last edited by UNK; 02-07-2023 at 11:49 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Looking forward to getting mine!

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Got mine on Saturday, installed it (something even my mechanically inept self was able to do with a bench block, punch, small punch hammer, and Youtube), ran about 100 rounds through it at the range on Sunday. It's a tremendous improvement in function over the original lever, feels just fine under recoil (no sharp spots, no jabs at all), and my only concern is that none of my holsters will accommodate it, save for my VG2. I'm going to have to look into what needs to be done to either cut a slot or heat/massage it to work.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Super awesome that @UNK put this much needed project together. I've been looking at S&W pistols lately. I just wish there was a safety option for the 4" Shield.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Got mine in the mail and installed it today! Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, though, but it dry fires well. As others have reported, holster fitment needs to be adjusted, but that shouldn’t be a problem that either heat or cutting utensils can’t easily fix.Name:  38357861-21BB-42A1-801A-833B50967E58.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  56.3 KBName:  90C1D739-57B7-4079-86C0-CAEE1FE2D965.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  55.3 KBName:  D2AB5458-EAD2-4D36-839A-74787645403D.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  54.2 KB

I’m an active member over on 1911Addicts, and just happened across a photo from this thread while browsing Google. I’ve been wanting something like this for years! I expect I’m on some sort of probationary period since this is a new account, so once I have DM privileges, I’ll definitely be getting in line.

Think you might be able to do something similar for the CSX down the road? I find the CSX safety to be better than the Shield safety but still pretty bad.

I'm a regular over on 1911Addicts, and just happened across one of the photos from this thread while browsing Google. I've been looking for a product like this for years. Excited to see that someone actually made one. I made an account here specifically to reply to this thread, so I'm sure I'm on some kind of probationary period where I can't DM about purchasing, but as soon as that's up, I'll be looking to pick up at least one.

Any thoughts about designing something similar for the S&W CSX? I think the CSX stock safety is slightly better than the Shield, but it still isn't great. I'd love to see basically this exact product, but on the CSX.

User Tag List