Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Thumb Safety S&W Shield 2.0

UNK,

Thanks again for bringing this product to market. It definitely overcomes the factory's deficiencies for my use. Very happy customer.

I recommend one to anyone wanting a easier to manage safety for a shield or shield plus. Have used one for a little while now with AIWB, IWB , and pocket carry. Was a little concerned with the possibility of it getting bumped off in a Mika pocket holster but that hasn't happened yet. A stronger spring on the detent may be advantageous but I haven't bothered exploring that rabbit trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Answered!
    I am also interested in one. What's the process ?

Apologize if this has been mentioned before, but if so I missed it. Is this an add-on that clips on to the existing safety lever or is that piece replaced with an entirely new part? Just wondering if it's possible (if a separate add-on) for the extension to become loose and block pushing the safety off?

PM sent. I am very excited to get a real thumb safety for my Shield plus! It got me to make my first post after lurking for years.

PM me

Quote Originally Posted by bbqvic View Post
    I am also interested in one. What's the process ?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Apologize if this has been mentioned before, but if so I missed it. Is this an add-on that clips on to the existing safety lever or is that piece replaced with an entirely new part? Just wondering if it's possible (if a separate add-on) for the extension to become loose and block pushing the safety off?
    Its all one piece its not coming apart unless you destroy it. You replace your existing safety with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat03 View Post
    PM sent. I am very excited to get a real thumb safety for my Shield plus! It got me to make my first post after lurking for years.
    Answered thank you for your inquiry.

Im going to tag @LittleLebowski since this thread prompted you to become a site supporter!
    Last edited by UNK; 02-02-2023 at 01:01 AM.

Red face Jumping on the band wagon, created an account just to get one.

Just echoing others that I have also PM'd and UNK was super easy to deal with, and prompt.

Will update after receiving, but I'm very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpenedShield View Post
    Just echoing others that I have also PM'd and UNK was super easy to deal with, and prompt.

Will update after receiving, but I'm very excited!
    Check your PMs for a message from me please

Thanks for carrying this all the way to fruition, people have been asking about something like this for years. I'm moving states at the moment but when that's done I will probably pick up a shield and one of these before the current rebate ends.

I don't know what your production capacity for these is, but if it's decently high I highly recommend looking into posting this on the S&W reddit, forums, etc. Every year or two someone asks about an extended shield safety and they always seem to come away frustrated, so you should get at least some traction. I never link those sites directly to PF personally (a lot of redditors don't play nice with others) but there are still some good folks there that would be happy to get this.

User Tag List