Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Thumb Safety S&W Shield 2.0

I love the Shield. Had a 45 with RH thumb safety for a while that shot like a raped ape and wife has a 9mm. If an ambi makes an appearance I'll probably buy a half dozen safety's and new shields. Plus's for Appendix carry and single stack for pocket. Done. I think the platform is fantastic I just can't bring myself to go Appendix carry or pocket without one unless it is a DA trigger. For cripes sakes even the CSX (I have one) followed sigs lead on the P938 and has an ambi safety standard. Wish S&W offered it like they do on the regular M&P 2.0 series and EZ's. Don't even care if it is the chicklet sized one in ambi just offer the option. I know right handers world but cripes. Such a great platform except . . . . . ! Oldish man yelling at clouds rant off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    I love the Shield. Had a 45 with RH thumb safety for a while that shot like a raped ape and wife has a 9mm. If an ambi makes an appearance I'll probably buy a half dozen safety's and new shields. Plus's for Appendix carry and single stack for pocket. Done. I think the platform is fantastic I just can't bring myself to go Appendix carry or pocket without one unless it is a DA trigger. For cripes sakes even the CSX (I have one) followed sigs lead on the P938 and has an ambi safety standard. Wish S&W offered it like they do on the regular M&P 2.0 series and EZ's. Don't even care if it is the chicklet sized one in ambi just offer the option. I know right handers world but cripes. Such a great platform except . . . . . ! Oldish man yelling at clouds rant off.
    I cant promise anything but we will look at it. A lot of irons in the fire right now.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Gotta know -- will this thumb safety adapt to a first generation Shield .45 ACP?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I cant promise anything but we will look at it. A lot of irons in the fire right now.
    Thanks UNK. Most defiantly not a rant against you. Your doing amazing work. I just wish the Shield platform was lefty friendly and that certainly isn't your fault. If you guys come up with a solution before S&W does that would be awesome but totally understand market share is king and it is a right handers world. I just wish S&W had the foresight to put a chicklet safety on the left and the right as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Gotta know -- will this thumb safety adapt to a first generation Shield .45 ACP?
    I think thats a different part number. But if you want me to get a 45 safety and weld a paddle to it then send it in with the next batch to be coated I will. Ot maybe I just need to make a few 🤔

Ill have to check with Bill its more complicated than that actually but I bet he can do one for you.
    Last edited by UNK; 05-25-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I think thats a different part number. But if you want me to get a 45 safety and weld a paddle to it then send it in with the next batch to be coated I will. Ot maybe I just need to make a few 🤔

Ill have to check with Bill its more complicated than that actually but I bet he can do one for you.
    I would definitely be up for one, and maybe others here would too. Any idea of the cost?

I would definitely be up for one, and maybe others here would too. Any idea of the cost?
    Id guess it would be close to the same as the 9 & 40 cal. $62 I didnt realize there was a want for .45 Ill look into it.

The 9 & 40 are the same part across all models and generations. Again Im assuming some details since I havent looked at it yet if the 45 is the same way then yes it would.
    Does the .45 have a 1.0 2.0 and Plus like the 9 & 40?

Dunno about the plus. Mine's an early one, apparently Gen One.

Fantastic Job

Wanted to give a huge shout out to UNK and Bill for the wonderful job with the extended thumb safety! Had a close friend who’s a gun smith and instructor help with the install. My Better Half loves the tactile feel of seamlessly disengaging the safety. Before she had lots of trouble disengaging it. Ive attached an image in hoping y’all can see it. Tried doing multiple images but not quite sure how to. Cheers everyone and thanks again to the gents that made it happen!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Tag List