Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Benchmade fixed blade

blues, you may know some details:
    - what's the story with Carothers switching over to MagnaCut?
    - why haven't I seen any EDC models released in forever?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    blues, you may know some details:
    - what's the story with Carothers switching over to MagnaCut?
    - why haven't I seen any EDC models released in forever?
    He's not switching, he's planning to incorporate it into some models just as he has with AEBL or D2 or 4V...and will with Cru-Wear (reportedly).

I can't answer why there has been no recent rebirth of the EDC models...though a folder is on the horizon.

Anything else, you'll need to post a question on his forum...as I really can't speak for Nate.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Roger that, that is already way more than I was able to gather by combing through the threads in his forum. Thanks!
    Sorry for the thread drift. We shall continue with the overpriced Benchmade!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Roger that, that is already way more than I was able to gather by combing through the threads in his forum. Thanks!
    Sorry for the thread drift. We shall continue with the overpriced Benchmade!
    Nah, PF thread drifting is where I get all my information from!!

I love every Benchmade that I’ve bought, but when you get them, they just come across as so… sterile, maybe? They just don’t have any soul. I made the same observation about my Dan Wesson Valors, which I love, and my Colt Wiley Clapp (definitely a step below the DWs but has so much more personality).

PS, I tried to pick up a Corothers 5 in, but couldn’t find what I wanted in stock anywhere. Which is fine as I’m currently ‘saving money’.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He's not switching, he's planning to incorporate it into some models just as he has with AEBL or D2 or 4V...and will with Cru-Wear (reportedly).

I can't answer why there has been no recent rebirth of the EDC models...though a folder is on the horizon.

Anything else, you'll need to post a question on his forum...as I really can't speak for Nate.
    I emailed them and they dont have a schedule for the release of the folder. Any other makers get the nod?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I emailed them and they dont have a schedule for the release of the folder. Any other makers get the nod?
    I said "horizon"...like Tom's "soon".

Really can't say. It really depends on what you need in terms of type of build, steel, stoutness etc.

Hard to go wrong with any of various Spydercos. They have the best selection of premium steels. Hinderer has some interesting designs. ZT has some nice patterns as well.

I said "horizon"...like Tom's "soon".

Really can't say. It really depends on what you need in terms of type of build, steel, stoutness etc.

Hard to go wrong with any of various Spydercos. They have the best selection of premium steels. Hinderer has some interesting designs. ZT has some nice patterns as well.
    I appreciate you mentioning them nice nice stuff. I really liked the handle designs. I especially like they are sized for large hands. Ive messaged him about receiving the newsletter so Ill know when the pre production notification goes out.
    What category of knives would this be? Obviously production but at a pretty high quality level. Not sure what that would be called.
    Ill check out Hinderer and ZT. Thx for the info.

They're somewhere between mid-tech and custom pieces. His wife and partner in the business, Jo, sends out the newsletter. I think you can sign up on their website.

carothersknives.com

It doesn't come out too often.

You should see Jo perform at cutting contests on youtube. She's a banshee!

Good luck in your quest.

They're somewhere between mid-tech and custom pieces. His wife and partner in the business, Jo, sends out the newsletter. I think you can sign up on their website.

carothersknives.com

It doesn't come out too often.

You should see Jo perform at cutting contests on youtube. She's a banshee!

Good luck in your quest.
    Im signed up.
    Hope its like the EDC series more so than a tactical model. Ive been looking havent found anything else so far. I used a knife daily at work but usually it was usually some type of razor knife. The last real knife I bought for myself that I kept was an AFCK so its been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Im signed up.
    Hope its like the EDC series more so than a tactical model. Ive been looking havent found anything else so far. I used a knife daily at work but usually it was usually some type of razor knife. The last real knife I bought for myself that I kept was an AFCK so its been a while.
    The AFCK is near and dear to my heart.

User Tag List