Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 908 magazine issue

Come on folks, I just don't see a pistol in that picture. Let me look again......now I see it! All kidding aside, if the one extra round in the magazine is the difference in the magazine not seating, my only thought is that the mag is bulging just enough to prevent it from seating. Plus when inserted, the slide will put downward pressure on that top round. I know I have had magazines in the past that were a dog to get that last round in. And when I did, the mag was difficult as heck to seat to the point where I downloaded the magazine by one round.

Hope you get it sorted out. I've got a S&W Shield Plus 13-round magazine I can only get 12 rounds in. Not going to push the issue, but hopefully through use I can get that last round to go in that mag.

Update.

The used ($75 each!) 3913 mags arrived, and they will fit in the gun 8+1. Barely.

They look the same as my 908 mags externally, but the followers and baseplates are slightly different. They do work fine in the 908.

Further research found it was a known issue with some 908s and apparently mine is one of them.

I can live with 7+1. I have since 2009... since 1980 if you count my 1911s.

Since 1975 with just 6 if you count my Ruger Service Six.
    Last edited by MichaelOrick; 01-28-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I carried a 3913 for a few years. No longer have the gun, but still have two of the magazines (if anyone is interested).
    Got 'em. Thanks.

Here they are with a 3913 Lady Smith I picked up for $400 two years ago, back when Armslist was still usable and not the current cesspit it has become.

Name:  SW3913LSw2mags.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  40.5 KB

I understand that Smith & Wesson isn't going to be making 3rd generation pistols again. But is it asking too much for Smith & Wesson, Mec-Gar, or some other reputable company - i.e., not Pro-Mag or Triple-K - to produce an occasional run of 3900 magazines so we can keep our current guns running without worrying too much about losing and/or damaging the most lost and damaged part of our guns?

FYI - Mec-Gar does offer 5900 series magazines :

https://mec-gar.com/all-magazines/?attra-model=178

and Gun Parts Corporation offers what appears to be their own brand - "New (GPC Mfg)" - of 39 and 39-2 mags :

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/192920

so I don't think it's an unreasonable request.
    Yippee ki-yay

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOrick View Post
    Update.

The used ($75 each!) 3913 mags arrived, and they will fit in the gun 8+1. Barely.

They look the same as my 908 mags externally, but the followers and baseplates are slightly different. They do work fine in the 908.

Further research found it was a known issue with some 908s and apparently mine is one of them.

I can live with 7+1. I have since 2009... since 1980 if you count my 1911s.

Since 1975 with just 6 if you count my Ruger Service Six.
    Wow[emoji15] they go for that high now? Geez! Just 10 years ago they were still like $20ish, or less. Crazy! It's like some HK mag prices [emoji16]

It's not so much that I could or couldn't live with 7+1 it's more the fact that it should take more. It's like buying a 4 seat car but it only came with 3. I can still drive with 3 seats but it's supposed to be 4! I paid for 4! Or getting 5 shot J frame that only takes 4. It'll still work but...
    I get they sent a free one but it's still defective. At least the way I see it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List