Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meat Loaf dead, age 74

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    We are Diminished. He was a great one!

Interesting story from Meat.

I had never seen or heard those stories. They were outstanding. Honestly if you didn’t watch this video WATCH IT!

RIP Mr Loaf
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I had never seen or heard those stories. They were outstanding. Honestly if you didn’t watch this video WATCH IT!

RIP Mr Loaf
    Apparently he had a reputation that is summed up by Mark Twain's quote "never let the truth stand in the way of a good story" and admitted multiple times that he lied in interviews just for the fun of it, which to me is hilarious.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Apparently he had a reputation that is summed up by Mark Twain's quote "never let the truth stand in the way of a good story" and admitted multiple times that he lied in interviews just for the fun of it, which to me is hilarious.

I never heard that either but man those stories were great fun.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I never heard that either but man those stories were great fun.
    Me either until someone posted this on another forum I frequent: https://www.grunge.com/168905/the-tr...-of-meat-loaf/

Lots at the link, but fun highlights include:

Meat did a lot of pretending in interviews, too. As journalist Lynn Barber observed, the singer has claimed to be born in 1947 and 1951. When pressed about the discrepancy, Meat explained, "I just wanted to maintain a constant lie." He later elaborated, "Names and ages piss me off. So I just continually lie." Meat once got caught spewing obvious bull to ESPN about golfing with people who all had meat-themed names. The made-up lineup consisted of "Meat, Chili, Stew, Chuck and Frank." Meat initially swore the story was true but confessed to lying after failing to dupe the interviewer. Elsewhere he made outlandish brags about his fantasy sports prowess, prompting the Washington Post to write that "Meat Loaf is either the world's greatest fantasy football player or a lying liar."
    Meat's wildest anecdote alleged that in high school, a shot put champion launched a 12-pound shot 62 feet and hit him in the head, denting his skull. Meat seemingly bragged to the Telegraph: "Didn't even knock me out. Weird." Even weirder, instead of turning Meat Loaf into ground beef, the accident supposedly improved his voice. At least that's what he told Rolling Stone in 2018. Before getting part of his cranium caved in he apparently couldn't "carry a tune in a bucket." Then, boom! He instantly had a "three-and-a-half-octave vocal range."

These accounts might read more like tall tales (three stories tall, at least), and Meat has admitted to lying habitually during interviews.
    There's a couple variations on the JFK story he told, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

When the rest of us get there, may him and Jim Steinman have a dozen or more cheese festival overloaded glorious operatic albums for us to enjoy in heaven.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    A local radio show played this today..Golden!!!

pat

And if my shadow's all that survives, I'm still alive.

Site Supporter
    I kinda liked the "Nine and a half pounds of chuck story".

I know he gave several stories for his moniker, but I like this one!

pat

User Tag List