Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT MARS L-9 (Short Stroke Piston PCC)

LMT MARS L-9 (Short Stroke Piston PCC)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-lmt-mars-l-9/

It looks super cool. It is also seems like it'll have a crazy price point, 2800 USD. Not sure how well it'll sell given the premium it commands over the MPX... though I guess APC9s sell, and they'd be about the same price point.

Way overpriced for what's basically a range gun in my lowly opinion

I think it's aimed primarily at LMT fans. I went through a brief phase of wanting LMT, until I got my hands on an Estonian reference rifle. It's unique, for sure. however, out of the gate, the safety was mushy. I was also surprised that LMT didn't bother to address the gap in their winter trigger guard. I had to use a gapper - in 2022!
    The ambi lower is decent.
    I already have APC 9 that fills the PCC niche well. I doubt I will be getting a $2800 PCC.
    There is a chance that I will get to handle the PCC in a few weeks. Will be interesting.

We’re looking at part of a larger trend away from blowback PCC, and towards delayed or locked systems.

They’re gonna be pricey, for the development costs, and for the unique sub components.

I was surprised to see a PCC-specific MRP upper. I wonder if anything else PCC will come out of LMT.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

What benefits besides lower recoil do non-blowback systems bring to PCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    We’re looking at part of a larger trend away from blowback PCC, and towards delayed or locked systems.

They’re gonna be pricey, for the development costs, and for the unique sub components.

I was surprised to see a PCC-specific MRP upper. I wonder if anything else PCC will come out of LMT.
    Yeah but compared to a CMMG Banshee you're paying almost double for something unproven

No argument here, I drop off my CMMG box o’ parts with my gunsmith on Feb. 1 so it can grow up and become a full-size gun.

I think the PCC market will, or already has, bifurcated into the more expensive delayed/locked guns and less expensive blowback guns.

It says something about the demand for non-blowback PCC that the JP is already totally sold out, and that LMT was willing to invest in their piston design and bring it to market. I bet it sells out, too.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    What benefits besides lower recoil do non-blowback systems bring to PCC?
    In AR pattern guns, wear and tear on the gun itself.

The AR was not designed to handle direct blowback - it beats the crap out of the internals, causes the pin holes in the lower receiver to wear unevenly (egging out) such that the no longer hold the pins in place properly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In AR pattern guns, wear and tear on the gun itself.

The AR was not designed to handle direct blowback - it beats the crap out of the internals, causes the pin holes in the lower receiver to wear unevenly (egging out) such that the no longer hold the pins in place properly.
    So is there a blowback PCC that doesn't self-destruct?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    So is there a blowback PCC that doesn't self-destruct?
    Not in AR pattern. That is why the other systems exist despite the higher cost.

Things like the B&T APC series are blowback and use a different type buffer system to mitigate the self destructive effect.

User Tag List