Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Safeties.

This is from about 20 years ago.

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/plus/e0410/intro.htm

Five years of shooting incidents with the DOJ (FBI, DEA, ATF, USMS). Mostly Glocks.

Do not know how it compares to time periods before with other types of guns or since with the same guns. Does anybody?

Length of pull, weight of pull, trigger-less take down, SFA, TDA, DAO, manual safety or not, hardware does have a part to play along with the software.

Proving how much better/worse is tough.

Not so bad if you consider that's almost a million trips to the range in that time period?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MichaelOrick; 01-25-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Hmm.
    My present hideout gun is a little Ruger LC9s with safety that I have been treating like a 1911. Not shooing, on safe.
    But wait! Ruger themselves make a version with no manual safety.
    I will see about the gc70 Protocol. Nothing else to do on a cold weekend but dryfire and indoor range.
    So I did. I am comfortable with it, just as I am the G43. You can't cycle the slide of the Ruger with the safety on, so I was loading it, setting the safety, then going off safe as it entered the holster.

My range contact let me try a Shield Plus alongside my LC9S, G43, Kahr CW, and J frame.
    The "safety trigger" of the Glock and the light but long DAO of the Ruger, and the DA of the M640 are all OK with me for pocket holster carry.
    BUT the Shield Plus had the lightest factory trigger pull of any striker gun I have shot or handled, large or small. I don't know about dragging it out of my pocket without a lot of dry fire first.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List