Thread: Beretta 92X Full Size - stainless barrel with black finish?

Beretta 92X Full Size - stainless barrel with black finish?

I held in my hand today a new Beretta 92S full size (with factory RDO mount). The pistol had the black (Bruniton) finish but the barrel had the word “stainless” stamped on top. Is this a supply chain issue substitution or standard? The pics on Beretta website don’t show or describe a stainless barrel. The barrel was black finish like the rest of pistol. I am not interested in an RDO Mount but this one had it. I understand from the reviews on Beretta website people can’t find the adapter plates anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The 92X has a carbon steel barrel and is chrome-lined, but it is not cold hammer forged. It does have a different crown (target crown) than normal 92 and 92A1s would have.
    That said, black coated stainless 92 barrels are not uncommon; I have one on my Brigadier Tactical.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I have seen other 92x full size pistols without the RDO mount and they did not have stainless marked barrels. I wonder if this is something with the RDO models only? The Beretta website says it has a short reset trigger which is not a standard feature for the non-RDO model 92X pistols?

User Tag List