Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms Glock Slides

Centurion Arms Glock Slides

I guess this belongs under the "red dot" subforum. Maybe it should go under semi-auto pistols?

In any case, I apologize up front if this is a dupe. It seems that often things get discussed here in a "thread drift" often.

News to me is that Centurion Arms is now making, or more likely having made, Glock 17 or 19 Gen 3 slides. They are available cut for ACRO, RMR or Holosun HE509. They are also available with some cocking serration upgrades and cerakote options and with or without CA logo.

I have never used a CA product but the stuff is well-known by many in the AR crowd and has a reputation for quality, price etc.

https://centurionarms.com/glock-slides/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have used their products. Good stuff with great CS. I was just looking at those slides. It is such an upgrade to be able to get slides with the specific RDS cuts.

I tend to think we will see a standard slide cut. My money is the ACRO cut. Then again, I prefer Key mod vs MLOK.

Regards, Steve

Why Gen 3 and not 5? Does California regulate slides?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am betting it is related to the popularity of the 80 percent frame build kits. Most of the ones I have seen are designed around a Gen3 Glock slide.

Or I could be short a cup of coffee. The LeClair's would know for sure, but I bet Monty and Corrie are both at SHOT right now.

Hope that helps.

I believe most of the faux-Glocks are based on the 3rd Gen, not just the 80% kits.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Patent? I don’t believe the Gen4 has been out 17 years, the Gen5 certainly hasn’t.

California does not regulate slides... But nearly the entire Glock aftermarket is designed around gen 3 so it only makes sense to focus on gen 3. The slides I see clearances and discontinued the most are gen 5 because no one buys them.

Site Supporter
    Likely availability of the slide blanks and popularity of Gen 3 for generic or 80% builds since, as mentioned the entire Generic a Glock world is Gen 3 centric.

Same reasons why brownells slides are Gen 3.

I've been looking for a 509t cut slide for my p80 builds and I enjoyed the Centurion ar stuff I've used in the past. These seem to fit the bill. Aesthetically I also like the checkering serrations.

When you factor in optic milling and the current intro 20% off deal, they are reasonably priced. I should be able to order one sooner than later and give some feedback once I get shooting again for the season.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I wonder how these slides would pair with Shadow Systems frames and barrels and also what Gen of Glock barrels are compatible . These would be nice for someone wanting different or custom slide aesthetics than what is offered or from what they now have. They offer three different types of slide serrations, you can have them with no front serration and you can also get them with no logo. And for the nervous Nellie’s, they would be Glock gadget friendly. Also, if Cerakote isn’t your thing you can get these stainless steel slides in the raw and have some type of wonder coating applied. My main concern with these or any other aftermarket slide, would be how everything fits together without creating any unforeseen issues. Also, these are available with the BUIS cut either in front or behind the optic cut.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-21-2022 at 01:19 PM.

User Tag List