Thread: Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K

Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K

I've carried the Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K since 2015. I won it (and the matching trainer) in a giveaway here on PF back then and have carried it since. This knife gets brought up in threads here fairly often, and doesn't look to really have a thread of it's own. In my opinion it's the Glock of carry knives. It's inexpensive, decent quality, and does what you need it to. It's a regular knife that also lends itself pretty well to defensive work if needed. I use the wave feature just about everytime I open it in my regular life, and found no trouble using it when I was in a class, as long I wasn't seriously out wrestle/grappled. I've absolutely beat the hell out of it, and it just works. Kershaw has given me replacement parts more than once, and it's always been painless.

I was reading an older knife thread where a few people brought up using this knife, and thought I would talk about my experiences with it. In the world of defensive folders, I think this is a pretty heavy hitter for value as well.

Video is mirrored.

Great video @Cory. I really like the Kershaw Emerson trainers, but prefer the CQC-5k live knife because it has G10 scales on both sides. They've been my go-to workhorse knife--I have several.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Emers...dp/B00I0S1BFW/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Great video @Cory. I really like the Kershaw Emerson trainers, but prefer the CQC-5k live knife because it has G10 scales on both sides. They've been my go-to workhorse knife--I have several.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Emers...dp/B00I0S1BFW/
    Is it considerably thicker?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Is it considerably thicker?
    It’s slightly thicker by about 1/32”, and a little smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s slightly thicker by about 1/32”, and a little smaller.

I always assumed that version would be thicker, and I liked the total consistancy in shape. But I definitely dig the G10 sides. Probably not changing from the 6K, but honestly the changes between models of this knife are small to a non-blade guy like me. They're all pretty damn similar with just enough variety for people to pick the flavor that suits them.

Also, are you left handed? I see you used the longer screws to swap clip side. My video was mirrored, but I'm right handed and carry right side.

Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I always assumed that version would be thicker, and I liked the total consistancy in shape. But I definitely dig the G10 sides. Probably not changing from the 6K, but honestly the changes between models of this knife are small to a non-blade guy like me. They're all pretty damn similar with just enough variety for people to pick the flavor that suits them.

Also, are you left handed? My video was flipped, but I'm right handed and carry right side.
    Right handed. I usually carry my folder in the left pocket. Gun AIWB or in right pocket.

I have trainers set up both ways—mostly to loan out at the dojo.

User Tag List