Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Modification & Reference

new 1301 Tac owner and want to say thanks for starting this thread. Im reading terrible thing on the new oem clamp (Mlok/QD) by Beretta. Would you recommend just tossing it right off the bat?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I was aware of the possibility of that swap, but I was told repeatedly that MagPul would absolutely not sell those butt pads. Including by people high up at Magpul. If they're actually selling them now, that would be lovely.
    I just called and ordered one. It was shipped out the next day. I should have it soon knock wood

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkmode View Post
    new 1301 Tac owner and want to say thanks for starting this thread. Im reading terrible thing on the new oem clamp (Mlok/QD) by Beretta. Would you recommend just tossing it right off the bat?
    That's hard to say. I don't keep a mag tube clamp on my guns because I find that it just complicates disassembly of the gun, and I tend to take my guns apart fairly often so I can lubricate them and I tend to clean the magazine tube frequently. I haven't spent enough time on the new guns to know if that magazine clamp is necessary to hold the tube cover in place during shooting or not.

If you find that the clamp is just getting in the way of disassembling the gun, ditch it. If you find that it's necessary for holding the cap on, maybe keep it.

I will say that given what I've seen so far, my preference is still for installing my own magazine tube on a gun with a normal tube length. The new full-length mag tube isn't bad, but the way they dealt with the cover and the clamp seems...sub-optimal...to me.
    3/15/2016

If you find that the clamp is just getting in the way of disassembling the gun, ditch it. If you find that it's necessary for holding the cap on, maybe keep it.
    Maybe a way to think about it is that nothing catastrophic is going to happen. If you take one off and it loosens too often then maybe put it back on. I cannot see how the new one would be different from the old one in that respect, though I have not shot mine much since I took it off. But I didn't realize how ugly it was until I did.

The new full-length mag tube isn't bad, but the way they dealt with the cover and the clamp seems...sub-optimal...to me.
    It would be nice if we could get replacement cap/sleeves to experiment with. I was wondering about cutting the end off of mine and putting a Nordic +1 on to bring it up to 8+1 for TacOps division capacity for three gun. But I didn't want to start that unless I had a spare part, but then I got a 1301C so I have chilled out on that plan, but might revisit someday.

One of the simplest, and one I use on my own 1301 shotguns, is installation of the Streamlight 870 Mount

After looking at this mount I couldn't help but wonder what you did about the detent pin? I've noticed on the GG&G mount they have a hole/locator. The Streamlight was interesting since it appears to have rotational options?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHZ71 View Post
    After looking at this mount I couldn't help but wonder what you did about the detent pin?
    Nothing. It stays compressed by the Streamlight mount. With either the Nordic extension or the factory magazine cap I didn't experience any loosening issues as a result of the detent pin being essentially neutered by the Streamlight mount. I tighten either the mag extension or the cap finger tight and it stays there through a day of shooting with no problems on my guns.

I've noticed on the GG&G mount they have a hole/locator. The Streamlight was interesting since it appears to have rotational options?
    The Streamlight can be set up at 3, 6, or 9:00. The G&G options available at that time were limited to one particular orientation. I tend to favor 3:00 because I'm right handed so I've not used the other positions...but the Streamlight mount was still cheaper and works splendidly so I stuck with that.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Thanks, including for the MRO and an option for the 1301C, both things I am curious about.

5 Round Tube In Stock

Pretty sure this is all you would need if you wanted to retrofit a new style 7+1 tube for a 5+Whatever tube that could be expanded in the traditional manner, including barrel clamps and such:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/C59948

I had been thinking about doing this in order to use my +4 Nordic, so I would be at 9+1 division capacity for three gun, but since I got a 1301C I did that there. I do sorta like the svelte and simple look (and potentially feel) of the 5+1 guns, so I might get one to experiment with, but at this point I am trying to slow my roll on things that I do not need but am curious about.

I think you’d need the Beretta 7 round extension cover too.

User Tag List