Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Modification & Reference

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Other than adding weight, what is the benefit? There doesn't appear to be an issue with the durability of the plastic part and GG&G replicated the aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Other than adding weight, what is the benefit? There doesn't appear to be an issue with the durability of the plastic part and GG&G replicated the aesthetics.
    Dunno, I just posted it.
    Their clamp is probably better, and some people don't like plastic.
    Seems like an opportunity to integrate a breaching standoff...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Dunno, I just posted it.
    Their clamp is probably better, and some people don't like plastic.
    Seems like an opportunity to integrate a breaching standoff...

I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you, apologies.

I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you, apologies.
    Sorry if I sounded like you sounded like... haha

I think it might be more svelte. I would probably swap if I still had mine, I kept the Comp but sold my Tac to a friend.

I don't think there is any additional benefit other than "it's nicer"

The factory part does look kind of cheap with that giant seam line straight through the middle of in

One other advantage I see with this setup is if you run a clamp. The factory clamp tends to move around under recoil unless you really tighten it down. The description on this says there is a machined recess that the clamp sits in.

They missed the point in my opinion

Name:  3B6FFB51-0890-4C12-B924-44838ACE535A.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  47.9 KBThe stock factory 7 round clamp is garbage. It slides around and the Mlock feature puts any flashlight out too far IMO.
    It does have a QD socket but the #8 machine screws are easy to break and most just remove the clamp because you really don’t need a clamp at all. The resin infused ‘plastic’ cover tube has no issues by itself and is stronger than aluminum. So why change it..?
    I don’t want to spend close to $100 for a different cover and I’d never use the clamp they include anyway.
    According to Erik Stern after you remove the black plastic spring retainer (which I did to get more room to load 7 rounds) he was able to shoot the heck out of the gun and loosen up that tube (which has about an inch of threading) so to keep the tube from turning I just installed a “Ranger Band” which is just a black extruded wide strong rubber band. Bought a bag from Amazon for $9 bucks.
    A clean, uncluttered install that makes the weapon easier to clean.

Quick question RANGERBOB…. Have you had any problems with the bands and barrel heat? I have no experience with production Ranger Bands. I go cheap and make my own with cut up bike inner tubes.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I have now had the chance to run multiple 1301 shotguns with the GG&G stock adapters on them.

Don't put the Remington stock based adapter on your gun. The reason Aridus went with the Mossberg SGA is because the Mossberg more readily fit with the 1301 receiver's dimensions. That allows the adapter to fit in unobtrusively and the stock's wrist angle feels natural. The GG&G Mossberg version isn't quite as nice because it extends the wrist area a little bit more which I find awkward...but fitting the Remington version on there makes it even worse. The end result is a reach to the trigger that is absurdly long. The gun is still usable but every single person who has handled one of my guns back to back has gone "Oh, yeah this is way better."
    3/15/2016

User Tag List